Account Coordinator, Branded Content & Events
Built In is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies and startups in seven (7) major markets. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the largest network of communities for entrepreneurs.
By working at Built In you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points-talent and awareness with our Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions. We currently operate seven communities: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston, Seattle and are headquartered in Chicago.
The Account Coordinator is a key role within Built In that will manage the execution and delivery of branded content and events to our customers. You will work closely with Account Managers and the customer directly to understand the customer’s expectations as well as the execution of the product itself. Built In is growing fast and this is an exciting opportunity to build out this practice from the ground up. You will be responsible for the following focus areas: 1) Branded content production/management and coordination 2) Coordinating the communication between various departments (Account Management, Content Writers, Editors, Photographers, Videographers) 3) Overseeing and Facilitating a successful product execution of all content types.
- Manage feedback from the team to meet content objectives, maintain healthy collaborative relationships with customers and strategize to deliver the branded content
- Keep track of all content sold, update content calendars, and actively manage deadlines
- Facilitate communication with customers to ensure a successful implementation and end product
- Communicate and document communication with customer to Account Management team to ensure a seamless experience for the customer
- Serves as key contact with project team members to resolve and/or escalate project resource conflicts and enforce deadlines internally and externally
- Evaluate process at every step and advise on tools and software in place to automate and simplify experience for our customers and internal resources at every touchpoint
- Oversee the implementation and delivery of all content types including photography, and video series; implement branded content for customers across our 6 markets
- Collaborate with the Account Management and Content teams to write creative project briefs and coordinate project details with photographers, videographers, writers and editors
- You should have 1-2 years of account coordination experience in creative service, marketing, or with an agency
- You should be resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized and a self-starter.
- You should be comfortable cultivating strong relationships with key customer project owners and business sponsors
- You should have a proactive focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience and driving to achieve successful customer and business outcomes.
- You are a project coordinator by nature and understand what it takes to create and manage a process and workflow for content creation across different channels and teams
- You should have a proven track record of managing projects to successful completion on schedule.
- You should be a self-starter who works well under pressure, has great judgment, and knows how to prioritize and handle multiple deliverables to meet tight deadlines
- You must be adept at supporting creative teams to ensure strategic integrity from start of project to finish
What We Value
- Flexible personality – You should thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable, on paper and in person. High energy and contagious enthusiasm help too.
- Communication - You should have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish credibility and trust with our customer and within Built In. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must. You should be comfortable offering your opinion, even if it differs from the teams and be able to support your position with data.
- Interest in and knowledge of the digital industry - You must be passionate about three things: (1) technology (2) building innovative digital products and services; and (3) helping companies grow. This is what we do. You should know how to navigate local tech scenes. You will be able to quickly pick out the best people, events and organizations to connect and partner within any new market to build the Built In brand.
- Willingness to spend the time to get the job done right and support our brand – You may need to work some evenings and weekends, and responding to customers outside of work hours. If you are passionate about the company and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work.
- Culture fit – You will need to get along with our team (which isn’t too hard, we think!) as well as all the members vital to the community in which you are building. Humility, selflessness and strong work ethic are requirements.
- Education - Although a degree in marketing, business or a related field is preferred, we value intelligence, personality, experience and overall fit over a degree.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation, 401(k) stock options and benefits. We pay a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, and disability.
- Casual dress and flexible work hours. Come in your sweatshirt, jeans, college jersey. We don't care.
- Free food. We keep our kitchen stocked with free healthy snack foods. We also have cold brew coffee on tap and catered lunch (Monday - Thursday).
- Fun work environment. We operate as a flat organization where everyone is responsible to self-manage and take ownership of their work. We are humble, hard working, honest and fun. And we regularly debate office pets.
- Open vacation & sick time. We let you take time away from work for vacation, personal or short-term sickness, as your good judgment and workload allow.
- Built In is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.