The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for owning, managing and executing on the day-to-day activities that support a client’s overall account strategy. These activities may include consulting on interactive solutions, identifying client business development opportunities, planning, executing, and managing the day-to-day account aspects of a client engagement and focusing on client satisfaction initiatives (including promoting new thought leadership from One North). The Account Manager partners with other client team members to ensure that One North’s digital engagements meet all account requirements and client expectations are of the highest quality. The goal of the AM is to ensure all client account activities and digital engagements are successful, per the account plan, and positively impact overall client satisfaction.
Client Communication & Consultation
- Act as the primary day-to-day contact for key client alignments.
- Establish a consultative relationship with client contacts and develop an understanding of client goals, including how they relate to the overall account plan/relationship cycle.
- Communicate account and/or engagement objectives and success criteria for the client, internally and externally.
- Serve as the first line of support for client questions.
- Learn, understand and apply digital marketing to provide client solutions.
- Be a resourceful problem solver.
Interactive Engagement Lead
- Advocate clients’ needs to experience design, digital strategy and technology teams to develop the ideal solution.
- Ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous engagements.
- Set engagement quality and performance standards and oversee quality of digital strategy, experience design and technology teams’ output.
- Oversee, review and deliver engagement deliverables, including:
- business and creative strategy documents
- functional documentation
- quality assurance test cases
- interactive solutions
- Develop a project plan based on the established timeline and budget.
- Track actual project performance and costs against project plan.
- Maintain internal project tracking systems.
- Proactively identify and manage risks to the established project timeline and budget.
- Proactively provide clients with ideas and business building opportunities.
- Identify client needs that require assistance from the Account Director.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Project management in an agency environment
- Work on web technologies and/or database functionality
- Proven success and interest in a client service role
- Demonstrated expertise with project management principles and practices
- Excellent client management and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in strategic web technology deployments and database functionality
- Strong written and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- Professional services organization marketing experience is a plus