Agile Project Manager/ Scrum Master at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
We are looking for technical team members at all levels who want to push themselves to deliver best in market SaaS solutions. We offer a challenging environment where you will have to grow, adapt and use your skills consistently. Success will be the reward as we build solutions for the moments that matter for our customers.
The Agile Project Manager / Coach is responsible for delivering results for the Engineering department by supporting, coaching and guiding engineering teams to effectively work with product owners and self-organize around delivery our most critical projects. You will rely heavily on your agile background, pushing teams towards embodying the values, but also bring in the disciplines of risk management, communication management, planning and delivery. You will work closely with engineering leads and product leads to identify and eliminate external impediments to delivery. This role is a change agent. You will be coaching teams on effective and efficiently delivery, not making them dependent on you navigating it all.
Help teams manage the development lifecycle
- Guide teams through project planning, including identifying outcomes, facilitating story mapping events, and conducting release planning.
- Drive teams towards defining "done" and tracking against that done state – at the project, feature and sprint levels.
- Helping teams identify and manage risks and dependencies.
- Identify and remove impediments to team productivity through collaboration with engineering and product leadership.
Acting as scrum master / coach
- Facilitate recurring and ad-hoc meetings with development lifecycle (stand-up, sprint planning, refinement, sprint review, retrospectives)
- Guide Product Manager and Development Team on effective backlog management and best story writing practices.
- Teach teams how to estimate and ensure backlog items are estimated prior to Sprint Planning.
- Evangelize continuous improvement and transparency. Help teams define and track metrics to highlight bottlenecks, blocks or impediments to delivering value.
- You goal should always be helping the teams become self-managing around value delivery on a consistent and frequent cadence.
Be a change agent
- Be highly empathic and passionate about creating successful teams and high trust environments.
- Be experienced in doing this remotely, as our teams are globally distributed.
- Be driven towards automating repetitive tasks for project teams, project management and scrum domains.
- 5+ years project management experience in agile environments.
- 1-2 years' experience in high change environments - start-up, digital transformation or similar.
- Track record of helping evolve agile practices in environments with a mix of legacy and modern applications.
- Experience leading geographically (globally) diverse teams through influence and best practices.
- Proven expertise in using remote collaboration tools for communication (synchronous and asynchronous), brainstorming and tracking status.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to relate with both technical and business professionals
- Usage and experience with Azure DevOps, VSTS, Jira, Aha! or similar tool to plan and maintain agile workflows and work.
- Certifications (any of the below):
- PMI-ACP or PMP
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Experience in FIN-TECH or Compliance environments
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. #TalentknowsTalent