Americas Service Quality Manager (Global Risk Manager) at Motorola Solutions
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Global Managed & Support Service Quality team will use the Predict, Prevent and Protect model to support the all regional Managed & Support Services Business. Working closely with the leaders in the regions a sound Quality Management System will be developed and governed to ensure optimal performance and customer satisfaction.
The primary responsibility of the Service Quality Manager is to effectively and efficiently manage the Quality Management System for our European Managed & Support Services Business. Using proven methodologies to set the foundation for quality it will be the responsibility of this role to work very closely with Regional leadership, Procurement and others to agree on a plan that will drive operational efficiencies that are repeatable and customer satisfaction that will create customers for life. Once the plan is set it must be executed through collaboration with multiple organizations and a strong governance process. This will require frequent communications and site visits at our Americas locations (Schaumburg, Westminster, Chile, …)
The Americas Service Quality Manager is responsible for the overall success of the Quality Management System for our Europe Managed & Support Services Business Operations while ensuring linkage to the overall Global MSS Quality plan. Key responsibilities include:
- Deploy Process & Quality Assessment (PQSA) across all sites in Europe and champion Continual Service Improvement (CSI) governance working with the operational team members to close out all gaps identified.
- Manage a structured approach which includes leading KPI's and those aligned w/ SLA's, mitigation of blueprint gaps & validation.
- Structure ISO9001(QMS), ISO20000(ITIL), ISO27001(Information security) compliance for each business and when there is a customer need champion the efforts to become certified.
- Introduce New Service Qualification and Readiness process aligning with Global MSS Quality plan. Develop a Sign-off Process to ensure NOC's are ready to deliver new services at optimal levels (includes PFMEA for each new service).
- Pre-sale review of quality requirements in contract. Ensure SOW and quality artifacts are feasible and in compliance with our QMS.
- Service transition & on boarding (change management) Clear & structured tracking system in managing all Service changes, transitions and on boarding.
- Risk management via Top Service Improvement Matrix. Facilitate global risk management campaign with proven tools such built around Predict, Prevent, Protect framework.
- Drive the Six Sigma culture within the organization for CSI skill set optimization. Establishing Six Sigma program to develop team capabilities and proliferate the use of statistical methods of risk mitigation.
- Work directly with customers and field teams to discuss concerns and drive corrective actions to closure
- Develop and maintain Service KPI’s for the region that tie to the overall EMEA plan Develop and drive a continuous improvement plan for the region, driving best practices and repeatability
- Manage sub-contractors deliverable and adherence to agreed scope and outcomes.
- Engage as needed in the case management process to ensure proper service delivery
- Manage a Lessons Learned process to that will close gaps and leverage best practices across EMEA
- Provide the regional teams a resource to drive Service quality issues so delivery teams can focus on delivery.
- Conduct Site Audits for high risk suppliers.
- Understanding of how to interpret and develop SOW’s
- Strong understanding of how MSI’s Partner Program is structured.
- Highly organized strong attention to detail, capable of significant multi-tasking and follows all tasks through to completion.
- The ability to communicate clearly (both written and verbal) with customers and act as a professional representative of the corporation.
- The ability to understand and communicate Motorola’s internal System Integration and Services processes.
- The ability to collaborate and maintain professional relationships with key work partners across the corporation and third party vendors for achieving timely business objectives.
- The ability to think strategically and work through day to day challenges that arise with internal support organizations, Motorola service providers, and customers.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Strong background Lean Methodologies
- 8D, DDW and FMEA experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, Excel, Google Apps, Statistical Software( such as Minitab) and a willingness to learn and utilize new tools within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 or more years experience in Managed Service , System design and/or Engineering
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.