Arity - Scrum Master at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone. At the heart of that mission are the people that work here-the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation. That's because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn't be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don't just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Project Delivery Group of Arity is responsible for collaborating across the organization to help deliver our cutting-edge products to new markets. We thrive in a fast-paced, Agile environment that requires driving to get things done.
The Scrum Master is accountable for leading all aspects of a moderately high complex program or project with the ability to provide project management on projects with a moderately high level of risk, organizational span, business complexity, team size, and interdependencies. Projects may be across multiple functional areas and often have fixed deadlines and are of strategic importance to the organization.
- Directs strategic initiatives or DCIO level project/programs of moderately high complexity and impact
- Manages moderately high complexity projects independently with no support or direction from others
- Delivers project results through leadership and influence rather than authority and control
- Delivers project communication on complicated projects and issues in an easily understood simplified style to any audience
- Motivates others to share in project challenges and inspires them to achieve project goals while constructively evaluating their performance
- Manage total concurrent projects summing over 10,000 hours but may be less based on other complexity factors
- Customizes solutions for complex issues typically involving DCIO or enterprise level considerations
- Drives achievement of projects/program success factors
- Represents the projects/program and its objectives in all governance/compliance/regulatory and gating forums
- Drives project execution. Provide direction and oversight throughout project lifecycle to project team to meet applicable business requirements
- Engages appropriate stakeholders in risk identification and mitigation
- Assesses and reports health of all projects in an objective manner, maintaining project transparency and accurate status; keeping manager, delivery area and portfolio manager informed
- Proactively identifies, resolves, and escalates (as needed) projects/program risks/issues to manager, portfolio manager and delivery area as needed
- Proactively plans staffing and make dynamic adjustments to maximize resource efficiencies and achieve project results
- Maintains resource allocation throughout the project
- Acts as an internal advocate for the project
- Identifies, coordinates, and communicates project dependency impact
- Responsible for third party vendor management
- Coordinates, documents, and communicates project plans and requirements
- Provides feedback on team member competencies
- Accountable for understanding business objectives and how the projects/program delivers them; driving adjustments in projects/program to more effectively achieve desired business results
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes both inside and outside the projects/program
- Ability to predict risk areas, design mitigation/contingency strategies and execute on these strategies to avoid issues
- Ability to lead across a wide variety of project types
- Education: College degree
- Experience: 5-10 years of related experience
- Scrum Master Certification (Preferred but not required)
- PMP Certification (Preferred but not required)
- Demonstrate track record in delivering complex projects and/or programs with a strong focus on execution
- Strong written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels; including strong presentation skills
- Demonstrate strong skills in team leadership and conflict management
- Strong people oversight and mentoring skills
- Strong consultative, customer focus skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
That's the day-to-day, now let's talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you'll be working for-and at-Arity. It's the best of both worlds. You'll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That's more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It's a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can't wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.