Associate Project Manager at closerlook, inc.
closerlook’s Associate Project Manager is a motivated, detail-oriented professional with a can-do, team-oriented attitude. The Associate Project Manager (or APM) will have project specific responsibilities & ownership of low/mid complexity projects across a set of client account(s) as assigned. They will work closely with their agency counterparts (Account, Creative, Finance, Strategy, Technology) to create the space for great ideas, work and results.
The role is accountable for achieving great project-level results for low/mid complexity projects (and supporting large scale projects with oversight) for the agency through thoughtful project planning, staff alignment and effective project management that anticipates and actively manages to mitigate risks. The APM will also begin to take on greater financial management responsibilities in the form of estimating work, monitoring budgets and supporting other agency financial processes.
Both the client services and project delivery worlds are successfully navigated & supported by the APM proactive communication of project statuses, issues, and opportunities to clients. They are the primary contact of communicating needs between the client, team, and vendors and informs clients how to drive low/mid complexity project success.
- Point of contact for client for low/mid complexity work that has been kicked off and is in motion at the agency
- Solicit client direction and input; manage client expectations
- Supports the organization and prioritization of work across client responsibilities
- Consultative approach able to identify and mitigate project risks before they become issues
- Ability to synthesize client interactions into actionable direction
- Deliver high quality work that exceeds client expectations
- Financial management including pricing, budget management, reconciliation, billing, and the ability to effectively communicate financial status/risks/mitigation plans to client
- Actively partner with Account, Creative, Finance, Strategy and Technology to establish project approach and pull through the work from job activation to end delivery
- Work closely with Account partners to clearly define and activate project work
- Serve as organization hub for assigned clients and project work
- Manage daily hot sheets, facilitate flow of project work, partner closely with resource management to align staff to the work
- Facilitate efficient communication across the agency team including capturing meeting notes and outlining next steps as required
- Create and manage project timelines and resource assignments
- Developing decision maker and problem solver. Expanding ability to set direction for the team based on good, consistent decision making
- Expanding financial management responsibilities including scoping/estimating work, budget management and supporting other agency financial processes
- Prepare/support and lead client submissions
- Ability to lead the scoping and estimation of low/mid complexity work
- Monitors and assigns tasks to internal project team
- Ability to run client and team meetings
- Accountable for delivering revenue in the month projected
- Works closely with their account management counterpart to ensure accurate financial projections.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a project management capacity
- Experience delivering technology-based projects
- Experience within an agency is a plus
- Pro-active, detail oriented professional with strong organization skills
- Problem-solving mindset with an ability to within an ever-changing environment
- Growing project management skill set (processes and tools)
- Developing financial acumen with an ability to scope/estimate work, manage budgets, execute billing and support other agency financial processes
- Effective communicator with internal team & external clients
ABOUT CLOSERLOOK, INC.
closerlook is a new type of marketing agency that helps biopharma brands make a difference in the lives of patients and those who care for them.
We focus on what matters most—the combination of better patient outcomes and bigger business impact.
Learn more at closerlook.com
EQUALITY FOR ALL: AT THE HEART OF WHAT MATTERS
closerlook is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and physical ability. closerlook is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.