AutoMD Technical Program Manager
Safety for every road you drive.
Powerstop offers brake upgrade kits engineered to stop quick and clean for every kind of vehicle. The privately held company, growing at a fantastic rate, is revamping one of our prime brands and we need your expertise.
We are seeking a Technical Program Leader to lead the technical enhancement of our AutoMD platform as we rewire the business model for this brand. Reporting directly to the Director of Online Strategy, you serve as the leader of the automd.com platform, keeping consumers and repair shop owners at the center of all that we do. This requires you to be a self-starter who understands CX/UX as well as technical development and who is unafraid to roll up your sleeves personally to implement decisions that build towards business success.
This is an opportunity to join a brand in the midst of an overhaul under new ownership. Now is the time to join AutoMD in the early stages of reinvention to drive growth by providing a fantastic experience for both consumers and shop owners. It won’t be easy, so we need someone with the technical chops, courage and energy to help us succeed!
To win in this role you will:
- Ultimately lead all technical operations for automd.com, including development and enhancement initiatives, as well as be responsible for daily maintenance that ensures ideal CX.
- Understand “what great looks like” for consumers and repair shop owners, then imagine, scope and implement in a systematic way with clear priorities, timelines and results
- Work with VP Marketing. Program Leader and other colleagues in building the roadmap, defining initiatives, work streams and priorities for AutoMD platform.
- Serve as primary point person for all technical third-party vendor partners: Developers, server hosting, CRM and payment platforms, security, digital agencies, and email.
- Leverage data and analysis to improve platform performance, implementing continuous testing and learning to provide a frictionless experience.
- Personally dive into the platform and learn it inside-out, from manually pulling or inputting data for repair shops in MySQL to coding smaller enhancements and fixes in the PHP (or even programming to make internal processes more efficient)
- Troubleshoot platform.system issues and outages, minimizing downtime, error security and poor CX.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization in a simple and concise fashion.
- Be fun to work with and possess a no-nonsense approach to accountability and results
• Exhibits key behaviors of Curiosity, Agility and Nerdery on a daily basis
• Deep experience with back-end technical development (primarily with external partners, but also person hands-on experience) servers, payment functionality, data warehouse and CRM functionality.
• Ability to implement changes to AutoMD's LAMP stack using your own coding background
• Bias for getting things done and track record for achieving lofty performance expectations.
• Data-Driven: Demonstrates nerdery around approach and decisions via quantitative analysis with 360-degree view
• Hands-on self-starter who is willing to roll-up their sleeves and be scrappy; will dive in and do things themselves
• Highly organized, deadline-oriented, and persuasive, confident communicator across audiences at all levels
• Ability to explain complex issues in a simple way to educate and also get to resolution
• Favors opportunity over environment; position based in Bedford Park, IL headquarters alongside warehouse setting
• 3+ years of technical project management experience in an e-Comm retail environment would be delightful.
• Track record of increasing responsibility and upward mobility. Degree from top institution;
• Willingness for occasional travel (up to 10%)