Black Belt at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Black Belt collaborates with senior leadership and process owners to design and implement transformational solutions which address Paylocity's top strategic priorities. This leader analyzes business processes and performance measures to define improvement strategies and prioritize initiatives. Successful delivery of these programs is achieved by effectively leading cross-functional teams and collaborating with stakeholders. Additionally, the Black Belt champions the use of process improvement methods throughout operations by training and coaching managers and directors.
Reports To: VP Business Operations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead companywide operational tool enablement programs and project management system implementations
- Manages complex transformational programs from inception through completion; including building business cases, setting objectives, planning, facilitating working sessions, driving and overseeing the progress of cross-functional teams, tracking project deliverables and deadlines, identifying dependencies and project risks, and publishing project status reports
- Engages and motivates leadership and key partners to ensure completion of objectives, without direct management responsibility.
- Defines strategies and change management plans for transformational programs
- Implements new operational tools and enhancement to existing tools to enable operational effectiveness
- Analyzes performance metrics and client feedback to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities
- Creates solutions which improve business performance and efficiency
- Builds implementation plans and educates stakeholders
- Employs appropriate Lean Six Sigma methodologies to ensure objectives are met
- Ensures program priorities and solutions align with the organization's strategic direction
- Develops project documentation to facilitate sharing of project outcomes and best practices
- Engages business leaders to resolve obstacles which are encountered
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of project management and process improvement experience
- Six Sigma Lean methodology training and experience (Black Belt Certification required for external candidates)
- Demonstrated leadership experience within a client service focused organization
- Team Player - will be able to collaborate with others to make awesome happen.
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.