Business Operations Project Manager (US Remote) at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe North America Project Management Office partners with Motorola Solutions’ field organizations to drive best practices in project management and project accounting. This team strives to optimize portfolio performance by providing key metrics and analysis to the regional leaders and project managers they support. Administration and implementation of business processes and tools to maximize business effectiveness is our core responsibility
- Manages the implementation and optimizes the delivery of Motorola Solutions products or services.
- Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products or services.
- Manages projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance.
- Participates in project review and status meetings, and communicates project status.
- Utilizes six sigma and project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness.
- Motivates project team to ensure optimal performance.
- May assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Experience with at least one of the following: Public Safety communications systems, Cellular infrastructure, Military communications, Civil construction or IT Networks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Project).
- Planview experience a plus.
- PM Masters Certificate a plus. PMP is highly desired. PMP and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
- Understanding of two-way radio / cellular infrastructure communications products, services, and systems is a plus.
- Understanding of local public safety customers, such as police, fire, and emergency medical services is a plus.
- Must be a self-motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
Note: Candidate may reside anywhere in the US with access to major airport for necessary travel
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Business Administration) or equivalent and 3+ years of project management experience
- OR 5+ years of project/program management or engineering experience
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.