Chicago PMO Delivery Lead at Rightpoint
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We're driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
The Chicago Delivery Lead plays a critical role managing the Project Management (PMO) team and managing the delivery of ALL projects within a geography (Geo). The Delivery Lead works in close collaboration with the Geo Lead and National Practice Lead to ensure quality delivery for the office. The Delivery Lead is a member of the Geography Leadership Team and takes accountability for successful delivery within a Geography. A Delivery Lead has strong leadership skills, solid project management skills and has a proven track record managing multi-disciplinary teams delivering projects on time, on budget and to the client's satisfaction. The Delivery Lead partners with Technology, Design, Strategy and Account Leadership within their Geo to ensure that project teams are working well together and projects are delivered on time, on budget and on strategy. The Delivery Lead will also work directly with clients as needed to de-escalate delivery issues and support BD efforts with clients as needed to talk about our process (The Rightpoint Way).
- Manage delivery of projects and drive excellence in our work
- Provide organic Client leadership and problem solving on projects ongoing
- Provides oversight for all projects within a region.
- Ensures that projects are implemented according to the Right(point) Way.
- Creates a delegation model to ensure appropriate oversight on the geos project portfolio.
- Provide hands-on support for project teams, ensuring projects stays on track
- Monitor project health and "key project" reviews and assure our project teams are delivering excellent service to our clients.
- Review project burn rates and margins ongoing to ensure projects stay on budget
- Review resources bookings and actuals to ensure the revenue forecast is correct
- Focus on Staffing for Success and making sure we have the right resources on the projects. The Delivery Lead partners with Central Staffing to remove and change resources on a project if needed.
- Coordinates resource assignment for project leadership positions for projects in the office (Project Manager, Tech Lead, Design Lead)
- Manage Office utilization and create plans for resources on the bench
- Manage Chicago India Team
- Monitor projects
- Review process ongoing for efficiencies
- Identifies Rightpoint delivery and process inefficiencies ongoing initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed
- Ensure learnings from project retrospectives are used on future projects
- As needed, conducts executive check ins with clients
- Manage their PMOTeam Members
- All PMs within the Chicago Georeport directly to the Delivery Lead
- Track goals, performance and enable career growth
- Track and manage team morale
- Manage the project management team, providing career guidance, project support, and critical feedback.
- Enables a farming mindset within the PM team
- Enforce Back to Basic Mindset, and use of all PM tools
- Monitor team workload and utilization ongoing
- Onboarding of new direct reports
- Engage effectively with business leaders to sustain value and increase operational efficiency using best practices.
- Work with sales and new business development teams to help define solutions for new and existing accounts by engaging the right expertise within our team and holding them accountable for shaping solutions that win business
- Provide pitch content for Delivery Thought leadership (process/approach)
- Participate in Alliance relationship opportunities as Delivery Lead
- Provide strategic leadership and direction as the office strives to onboard new clients and service offerings, working with PMO leads across the company to support these offerings.
- Act as key member of Office Leadership Team, collaborate with other leaders working toward continuous improvement of office operations
- Partner with Account Managers in a region to support successful delivery and farming.
- Lead cross portfolio management including goals setting, dashboard and KPI management, prioritization decisions, and budget.
- Lead Delivery Excellence for the business development process
- Review pricing estimates and contracts
- Representing The Right(point) Way and best practices for upcoming projects
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience within relevant field
- Master's degree in related field a plus
- Technical certifications and/or process related experience/certifications a plus (CSM, PMI, ITIL, etc.)
- Minimum 10 years of experience with escalating leadership experience in project management
- Experience in managing multiple programs/projects in a technology, professional services and/or digital agency environment
- Experience with managing direct reports and creating actionable development plans accompanied by effective, ongoing dialogue with team members (including difficult, timely feedback)
- Experience defining and implementing organizational and process improvements
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to accurately track and collect information, troubleshoot and problem solve
- Enthusiastic with exceptional organizational skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Flexible PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Peapod Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Catered Lunches Every Other Friday
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an "Employment Authorized" result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.