Compliance Lead at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Compliance team designs and implements a compliance program that enables Affirm to proactively adhere to regulatory requirements while also identifying and addressing potential regulatory issues that may arise. As a second line of defense, Compliance proactively partners with the business to support new products, markets, and initiatives, change management, issue identification and remediation plans and assessment and monitoring of third parties. Compliance activities also include prevention and detection activities not limited to administering compliance trainings, independent testing & monitoring, reporting, escalation and oversight.
Affirm is actively seeking a Senior Compliance Program Analyst to support certain critical compliance management program elements. In this role, the Senior Compliance Program Analyst will help to administer Compliance’s Testing Program. This includes completing internal reviews to ensure compliance with federal regulations. Identifying gaps and deficiencies with regulatory compliance issues that call for formal attention and, working with key stakeholders to resolve identified issues and providing reporting to management. This role requires someone able to work independently and cross functionally.What You'll Do
- Perform ongoing compliance testing and reporting on adherence to compliance program and regulatory requirements.
- Partner with the broader compliance team to investigate exceptions and report findings.
- Coordinate the execution of the compliance risk assessment, including collating and documenting results.
- Work with compliance subject matter experts to operationalize the Compliance Management Program and related processes.
- Provide cross team and cross functional engagement to ensure timely execution on deliverables, and transparency to affected subject matter experts.
- Continuously improve internal compliance processes relating to the Compliance Management Program and system.
- 6+ years of professional work experience in Compliance Program, Enterprise Risk, Operational or Project Management, or Audit, experience implementing risk programs preferred.
- Excellent organizational and relationship management skills.
- A strong interest in fintech and consumer finance.
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing team.
- Inquisitive and proactive in proposing creative and effective solutions.
- Strong project management, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present sophisticated and sensitive issues.