Compliance Program Manager
- Develop, enhance, and maintain policies and procedures and control processes for effective management of Bento’s CIP program
- Manage compliance relationship with our bank partners and auditors
- Manage the day-to-day operations of BSA/AML/OFAC compliance to ensure Bento stays in continuous compliance with federal regulations, contractual obligations, and internal policies.
- Conduct secondary reviews and handle priority escalations, which will require applying investigative techniques quickly and interfacing with multiple functional areas.
- Conduct risk assessments and manage compliance monitoring in accordance with best practices.
- Stay up to date and adapt to regulatory changes or emerging industry best practices; raise awareness of trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the program
- Monitor the health of our Compliance Operations, including producing metrics and reporting to management and other key stakeholders
- Work across the organization with marketing, sales, and product in a compliance advisory capacity.
- Lead regulatory compliance training efforts for all Bento employees.
- Manage ad-hoc Bento compliance projects as needed
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of BSA/AML/OFAC experience with Fintech companies or regulated financial institutions in a compliance, risk management, internal controls or similar role.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of payments compliance regulation and requirements (AML, OFAC, KYC)
- Proven ability to oversee multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced and quickly-changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; at ease communicating and presenting to Senior-level management (internally and externally)
- Self-starter with strong attention-to-detail; can easily work independently just as well as collaboratively in a group
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CAMS or CRCM certification
- Background in building a compliance program/team and related systems
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- Familiarity with commercial credit compliance a big plus