Construction Project Manager at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOverall, the Systems Integration Team sets business goals to successfully implement and integrate complex Motorola systems. This includes working with various disciplines both internal and external to Motorola in the interest of providing total customer satisfaction and achieving Division goals. The candidate should be be a seasoned professional having wide-ranging experience who can use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
The Construction Manager shall act as Motorola Solutions Inc (MSI) representative/agent during the construction, and post-construction phases of the site development phase of the Project . In all instances the CM shall employ its best efforts to protect the interests of MSI and further the intended goals and purpose of the Project. Subject to the direction of the Motorola Project Manager the Construction Manager (CM) will have ultimate responsibility for the overall coordination and management of the construction portion of an awarded project.
- Manages daily aspects of site construction such as data center construction, facilities upgrades, communication site construction (telecom), Photovoltaic power plants (solar), wireless telecommunications systems (towers, poles, equipment shelters)
- Responsible for project cost management, labor productivity and schedule development, safety compliance, quality control, and general construction administration
- Creates detailed scope of work documentation and troubleshoots issues to avoid delays or escalations
- May be responsible for performing site surveys, creating and updating project schedules, ordering materials, and contributing to selection and/or evaluation of subcontractors
- May perform administrative tasks such as issuing work orders, preparing management reports, and preparing quotes and cost estimates
- Develops and maintains safety program
- May manage multiple projects or may be top on-site manager on single large, extensive project
- Leads or coordinates telecommunications tower construction projects within established time-frames and budgeted costs
- Ensures that telecommunications towers meet technical, quality, reliability and organization standards in accordance with project specifications
- 4+ years of experience as a construction manager or in a similar position in construction management
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.