Continuous Improvement Manager
Are you passionate about continuously improving and refining process across the globe?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Continuous Improvement Manager - Lean Six Sigma Black Belt will initially be responsible for the identification and management of process improvement projects with a specific focus on contact reduction within the contact center both in Chicago and Chennai, India. This person will also be responsible for building positive relationships with various partners throughout the company and will be charged with helping to develop a culture of continuous improvement at Groupon.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- You will identify, lead, and execute Lean Six Sigma Projects using the DMAIC methodology
- Collect and analyze data and determine solutions based on root cause analysis and build business cases to present to key partners and solutions
- Create process maps and help standardize process and workflow
- You will build reports and use data to drive decisions throughout CS
- Serve as a primary leader with vision on CI strategy
- Support the head of customer experience in preparing for leadership meetings, team huddles, and problem solving on major projects and issues
- You will interface and collaborate with other areas of operations, including: merchant services, editorial, scheduling, and others
- Filter and identify critical process changes and updates between departments
- Bachelors degree required
- 5+ years of process improvement experience
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma Methodology
- Black Belt certification required
- Expertise with process mapping and knowledge of process mapping tools (Visio, etc) is required
- Experience with statistical tools required (Minitab, SPCExcel, etc)
- You have, preferably, worked in a call center environment
- You have experience with reporting tools and dashboards (Tableau, etc)
- Change management experience is a plus
- Background with call center technology and infrastructure a plus
- PMP certification a plus
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.