Corporate Communications Director, Special Projects (Technology) at OCC
The Corporate Communications Director, Special Projects, leads the development and execution of a high-impact communications program focused on OCC’s Renaissance Initiative, a transformative project that will have companywide and industrywide impact. Working under the direction of the SVP, Communications and with the guidance of the Program Leader for the Renaissance Enterprise Program Office, this role must effectively oversee and implement multiple communications activities simultaneously and work collaboratively with colleagues in a wide variety of roles across the company including business functions and leadership teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced fintech communications professional, a strategist and tactician, and a proactive problem solver. This professional has an uncompromising commitment to quality and detail. She/he is creative, analytical, works well with senior leadership and thrives in a deadline and change-driven environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of a broad Change Management team, inclusive of Business, IT, Project/Change Management, and Corporate Communications leaders
- Refine and implement communication strategies aligned to initiative timeline; collaborate with leaders, teams or individuals to adapt strategies and timelines, inform deliverables and reporting as the initiative progresses
- Plan, develop and deliver high-quality communications deliverables for targeted internal and external audiences using appropriate media (intranet, corporate announcements, discussion guides and talking points, etc.) that reflects company messaging, business strategy, employee and customer needs, and progress on the initiative
- Create/maintain a content ‘library’ that can be used as a source of approved content and messages for various purposes/audiences
- Measure effectiveness of communication activities and use feedback to improve future efforts
- Adhere to corporate and department’s policies and procedures and brand/ communications standards
- Pursue ongoing professional development opportunities, staying current with communications and change management best practices, leading-edge concepts and technologies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience working on complex change and transformation projects; an emphasis on technology implementation, is preferred
- Experience with producing internal, organization-wide communications and external, customer-facing communication deliverables across a range of media including written, digital, web, and face to face channels.
- Strong writing and editing skills using different styles to reflect the nature of the stakeholder, audience, and message; ability to explain complex or technical concepts in an easily understandable format
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills that address strategic planning and tactical execution with the ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipating future needs
- General consultancy and client relationship skills, in particular the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at various levels, and the ability to navigate complex organizations
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills that demonstrate clear and concise communication and critical thinking with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Experienced with coordinating across a matrixed team
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage and execute multiple programs and tasks with accuracy and efficiency under tight deadlines
- Highly collaborative with colleagues and serves as a champion for internal and external stakeholders/end-users through creative ideation, communications solutions and implementation to meet business objectives
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, with focus on communication strategies to drive change and stakeholder engagement
- Deep understanding of communication and engagement trends, emerging practices, and an ability to promote innovative ideas and solutions in the area of change communication
- Ability and willingness to perform both strategic and tactical elements of the role
- Highly proficient knowledge with Microsoft Office desktop tools (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience with project management software would be helpful
Education and/or Experience:
- Fintech industry experience preferred
- 10+ years’ relevant experience in communications or business; previous change management experience in driving complex agendas
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline OR an equivalent combination of agency or corporate experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven success working in a matrix environment, influencing without direct authority, and leading large-scale, complex change initiatives
- Extensive successful planning, writing, editing and content production experience across all dimensions of corporate communications for a broad variety of channels.
- Two years of project management experience and/or training is helpful.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.