Creative Project Manager at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
In an agency setting with focus on Direct Mail Creative Production. The Project manager will work with their assigned teams to complete creative projects from inception to completion. You may manage several projects at once, and you need to keep your team on time and on task.
You will be managing resources for deliverables, raise red flags and ensure adherence to company process. It’s imperative to be able to multitask and manage others. You will oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
· Performs project completion using internal or external customer perspective, typically from initiation through delivery
· Coordinates cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activity which bring distinct, specific projects to completion both on time and within budget
· Assigns and monitors work of personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives and on-time.
· Monitors reliability and any internal issues that appear as a result of the project.
Knowledge & Skills
· Good understanding of project management principles, such as organization, documentation, and delegation
· Good communication and negotiation skills
· Able to interact with staff/colleagues of varying levels
· Able to prioritize work and shift priorities as needed to meet aggressive deadlines and milestones.
· Able to identify and resolve issues
· Able to complete successful projects that are on schedule and receive high satisfaction results
· Able to function, and successfully manage, in a demanding and stressful environment
· Able to negotiate and manage conflict, and manage constructive customer concerns
· Able to deviate from standard/established PM methodologies to accomplish dynamic project completion
Duties & Responsibilities
· Collaborate with senior management and stakeholders
· Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
· Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
· Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
· Track project milestones and deliverables
· Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
· Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
· Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
· Develop/enforce best practices and tools for project execution and management
· Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
· Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company
· Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle
· Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
· Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
· Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
· Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
· Develop and deliver progress reports and required documentation
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
· Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
· Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines
· Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Professional, and PowerPoint
· Competent in Basecamp and Proof HQ a plus
· Knowledge of digital (email/web) executional processes a plus
· 3-5 years’ direct mail work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
· Demonstrated experience in personnel management
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
· Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
· Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
· Flexible during times of change
· Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
· Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
· Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
· Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise
· Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
· Customer service skills an asset
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
· Sitting for extended periods of time
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects
· 2-5 years of related experience; 1-3 years of Project Management experience preferred
· No specific education is required
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.