Customer & Delivery Support Manager
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to almost 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply. We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results.
Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Ascent’s Customer Delivery and Support team is responsible for delivering across all aspects of our product – new regulations, product enhancements, and new features to continually elevate our customer experience. This team puts technology, problem solving and project management skills to work in this highly collaborative and supportive role.
Who You Are
As Customer & Delivery Support Manager with Ascent, you will be the conduit between our customers and product/technology teams for product delivery and support functions. You will also have a critical partnership with our Customer Success representatives to meet the needs of our customers. For all customer enhancement, feature, and support requests, you will lead project management and delivery plans for our customers. You will own and manage the support request pipeline and assist in triaging, resolution plans, and communicating status to customers. You will also use your business analysis skills to provide insights to product and technology on how to continually improve the product. You will have deep knowledge of customer support processes, tools, and technologies. These skills, along with problem ownership through to resolution, a proactive approach and professionalism, build and reinforce long term partnerships with Ascent’s global clients. You will have critical interfaces and partnerships with Customer Success, Sales, Engineering, and Operations teams. In this role, you will report to the VP Customer Delivery & Support.
- Project management of all customer enhancement and feature requests for our global enterprise customers
- Triage and analyze customer support requests in accordance with the SLA and assign to the technical support team resolution
- Prepare and deliver weekly progress updates both to the customer and to critical internal stakeholders
- Develop a close working relationship with Product, Sales and Customer Success teams and foster collaboration and teamwork
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the product
- Provide feedback on product usage and features requested by customers to product team to influence future roadmap direction
- Inform management on customer needs and business opportunities
- Improve customer relationships by providing timely and accurate responses to their inquiries
- Provide necessary technical consultation and support to customers on the SaaS platform and API
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience working in a Sales Engineering or a Customer Implementation role involving API implementations and support
- Experience in finance related sector, B2B, SaaS environment
- Strong project management skills including proficiency withproject management tools such as Smartsheet, MS Project, etc
- Strong customer-facing skills, including project planning, effective communication and documentation and the ability to mediate through difficult situations while de-escalating
- Deep knowledge of customer support processes, tools, and technologies including JIRA, Confluence, Service Desk, or any SCM systems
- Demonstrate a strong drive for efficiency, resolving problems and getting the work done in a timely, quality-focused manner
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple processes and priorities effectively.
- A self starter
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical premiums paid 50% for covered dependents
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Professional development stipend
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!