The Group: The Customer Support function sits within the Global Sales and Client Service Unit and is responsible for global customer support operations. Our Customer Support team serves on the front lines of our client-facing organization and serves as an immediate resource for incoming client inquiries via phone and email. Delivering world class customer support is a critical component to the success of our sales process and client experience, and we are seeking a teammate who is passionate about helping our organization excel by building a program that enables and elevates the skill set of our 200+ support colleagues.
We’re looking for an experienced and talented Customer Support Sales Enablement Program Manager who will focus on developing and delivering our enablement programs for Morningstar’s global Customer Support team. This new role will report to the Head of Sales Enablement & Talent Development and will partner with global stakeholders across the organization to design, develop and execute an impactful and focused enablement program. This role will expand and enhance individuals’ capabilities and build organizational knowledge around our industry, our products and client facing skills to elevate the way we engage with clients. This position is based in Chicago.
• Develop a full spectrum of training curriculum appropriate for a global customer support team; this includes taking inventory of existing curriculum, identifying gaps and working with subject matter experts to develop missing content.
• Be a key stakeholder in the delivery of training programs including onboarding, new go-to-market solutions, significant methodology changes and enhancements to existing solutions.
• Partner with Customer Support leaders to identify and prioritize overall training needs and establish evaluation metrics.
• Leverage and tailor existing leadership training to establish a coaching program to reinforce content.
• Collect, interpret and analyze data and report on training program effectiveness and adjust programs as needed.
• Be resourceful to learn and master the complexities of the industry that Morningstar serves.
• Continuously assess competitive landscape to identify and address gaps in skillsets within our customer support teams vs. our key competitors.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 7+ years in financial services. Experience in customer support, customer success, sales, sales enablement, training, development and coaching is ideal.
• Proven experience in a training role with the ability to manage the full training cycle.
• A desire to work directly with individuals and in team environments.
• Proven experience working directly with leadership and key stakeholders.
• Proficiency navigating complex, global, multi-solution organizations.
• Strong client-focus and ability to quickly and effectively build and sustain relationships to establish trust.
• Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS) preferred.
• Experience using Salesforce or other sales enablement tools preferred.
• Effective presentation skills to groups of all levels via virtual classroom and in person.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all levels in the organization.
• Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities.
• Strong skills in MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio/Flow Chart applications and the ability to learn additional programs as needed.