Data Analytics Project Manager at SMS Assist
- Leverage Project Management processes, frameworks, and best practices to effectively execute key cross-functional projects from kickoff to completion. To include: initiating, planning, scheduling, estimating, forecasting, and coordinating all activities while diligently working to ensure all project deliverables are on track, on time, and in scope.
- Create and maintain essential project management artifacts, to include: Business Requirements Documents, project plans, and timelines.
- Demonstrate leadership by serving as a key liaison between our technical teams and business stakeholders; own all communication & reporting on project status, deliverables, key decisions, action items, and risks.
- Proactively identify and mitigate inter-project and inter-team dependencies and risks.
- Support the spirit of continuous improvement by defining new and/or augmenting existing processes across all functions.
Role Specific Skills
- Innovative problem-solving skills - dissect and succinctly summarize roadblocks, identify and implement solutions
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in cross-functional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Point of view that is pragmatic, process-oriented, and unafraid of ambiguity
- Self-driven motivation with a bias towards action; Strong sense of curiosity and adaptability
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with Agile methodology and tools like JIRA, SQL, and project management applications
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service - Advanced
- Verbal Communication - Advanced
- Written Communication - Advanced
- Teamwork - Advanced
- Relationships - proficient
- Negotiation - proficient
- Organizational Awareness - Advanced
- Learning Agility - Proficient
- Problem Solving - Advanced
- Process Orientation - Advanced
- Prioritization - Advanced
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier institution or with a distinguished academic record
- 1-5 years of project management or relevant experience
- Experience in a dynamic fast paced environment or startup
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Degrees or work experience in the following fields: Industrial or Systems Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations, Project Management, Product Management
- Experience working alongside software developers or technical analysts
- PMP certified or Six Sigma/Green Belt