Design Program Manager at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
About You :
Grubhub DesignOps team is looking for a talented Design Program Manager to join our team. The DesignOps team's mission is to enable the efficient delivery of high-quality design at scale. We get this done by elevating the team conditions with programs, methods, tools and infrastructure.
Reporting to the Manager of DesignOps, this role is a highly cross-functional role that will bring strong organizational skills and transparency to guide work through the entire design lifecycle. Alongside that, you will help define our operational strategy and evolve our holistic design process. With an understanding of design practice and methods, your focus on the operational aspects of the design team will allow designers to be as effective as possible, and enable us to continue scaling.
Design Program Managers at Grubhub are natural connectors and problem solvers. They enable design teams to focus on delivering elegant solutions by removing roadblocks and communicating and coordinating across workstreams. They are able to bring a creative approach to solving the "how", freeing up design leads to concentrate on crafting the "why" & "what." We believe design is a part of every product decision and can have a huge impact; for both our customers & the business. Our design team is close-knit and collaborative - combining research, content, data and critique to inform design decisions that impact and shape products into highly usable and successful experiences.
The Impact You Will Make
- Manage & coordinate design sprint activities such as refinement and planning across multiple teams
- Work with product managers & product design managers to effectively plan and prioritize work
- Actively manage JIRA design boards, including starting & ending sprints, creating and maintaining stories throughout the week
- Serve as a reliable point of contact and be able to report on progress of work, communicate status and flag risks or issues as needed
- Develop relationships with cross-functional team members in product, engineering, and business
- Work with partners to triage & manage incoming VQA/QA requests
- Work with the lead Design Program Manager to assist in the creation, maintenance and general management of timelines and dependencies for design on medium to large scale programs
- Keep design program trackers up to date with latest status and ensure all program documents are maintained
- Assist in the coordination and facilitation of ceremonies associated with design programs
- Manage the onboarding of new team members ensuring a smooth, coherent process
- Help define and deliver initiatives that improve the design team's processes, tools, infrastructure, and workflows
- Work with design leadership to plan and implement initiatives which cultivate a strong, healthy design culture & community at Grubhub
- Help maintain team documents, resources, tools and systems
What You Bring to the Table
- 4+ years working as a digital producer, program manager, project manager or similar
- Experience working with product designers and design frameworks
- Experience working with JIRA
- The ability to develop lightweight, repeatable processes, standards and workflows
- The ability to operate independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Experience working with engineering and product teams
Got these? Even better:
- Background in design/ux
- Familiarity with Figma
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]