Director Commercial Solutions Consulting
We are fast-paced, forward thinking and driven by data. We are accelerating the used car industry. We are looking for creative, talented, hard-working individuals to join us. Buckle up. It’s going to be a great ride. Based in Chicago, DRIVIN is accelerating the used car industry by bringing data and technology together in a spectacular, first-of-its-kind fashion to help dealers acquire the right cars, at the right price, right now. We are committed to delivering data-driven solutions with a high-touch, personalized level of service to each of our clients. We are looking for people that will help us create a culture that is exciting, empowering, motivating and challenging. Are you interested in learning more?
Job Summary: The Senior Director of Commercial Solutions Consulting will serve as the client facing subject matter industry expert for Commercial Solutions. This includes understanding the competitive landscape, market dynamics and trends, voice of the customer and data solution gaps, as well as opportunities for the respective markets. This role balances strategic collaboration with hands-on day-to-day tactical implementation and management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Support ESD(s) and engage with KAR commercial sellers on business analysis and platform performance to identify problem statements and potential solutions.
· Work closely with data scientists, software engineers and product managers to gain a unique end-to-end perspective of our data platforms and help model potential solutions for key clients.
· Working with the sales organization, obtain client acceptance for deliverables defined in the contract.
· Work closely with customers and internal teams to determine the requirements, scope and plans for implementation of solutions.
· Serve as a trusted advisor and thought partner for senior business leaders within our clients’ organizations.
· Work with and support in the development of joint program plans that ensure the successful adoption of solutions.
· Manage relationships with clients for the duration of engagements and continue to act as the SME and point of contact when escalation is required for post-production support. This will include managing the expectations of and communication with the client, proactively identifying and managing client-side risks, and helping coordinate internal teams to provide solutions.
· Monitor and report on progress and facilitate adjustments as needed and when requirements evolve.
· Support the development of proposals for follow-up engagements.
· Manage, coordinate and achieve analytics and data aligned sales successes in target markets and with target customers by leveraging the company portfolio to the largest extent possible.
· The above duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define minimum activities. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the company as needed.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum twelve (12) years of automotive business experience, ideally with a mixture of OEM, captive finance or ancillary corporate environment experience.
· Has extensive experience identifying, building relationships with, and successfully selling to C-level or business line leaders or equally influential economic buyers within business operating units.
· Previous experience implementing and delivering growth strategies across multiple stakeholder teams.
· A self-motivated learner and builder with strong customer focus and obsession with quality
· Previous experience developing and implementing a formal end-to-end product lifecycle management process.
· Ability to translate business strategies into product design, roadmaps and specifications.
· Must be able to drive the interaction with internal business partners to define, design and develop solutions for the customer.
· Demonstrate a passion for driving frictionless use of data to solve new business problems.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; active listening and a collaborative work style.
· Adjusts well to situations (i.e. different management styles, new methods, systems and processes) and changing priorities with the business and the marketplace.
· Goal, metric and results-oriented, with the ability to establish a strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and enthusiasm among the teams with which he/she interacts.
· Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products and have the ability to learn all required business systems.
· Working understanding and familiarity with quantitative methods and their business application
Physical and Visual Requirements:
Position requires walking, sitting, standing, and driving an automobile for extended periods. Position involves training and reporting at multiple locations. Daily review and preparation of automated or manual reports using pen/pencil, calculator, or keyboard is required.
Environmental - Atmospheric Conditions:
Varying climates, weather conditions, and walking surfaces, inside and outside. Occasional exposure to fumes, odors, gases, compounds or dusts endemic to auto industry. Travel is required and mode of transportation varies: typically automobile, airplane, or public conveyance.