Director, Continuous Improvement Practice at Strata Decision Technology
Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
As a Director in the Continuous Improvement Practice, you will be working with the senior leadership of hospitals and health systems to help them improve their margin through implementing StrataJazz® Continuous Improvement solutions. In this role, you will manage a team of consultants who implement the software, identify opportunities for savings, and establish the best-practice approach for driving accountability for results. Additionally, you will partner with the product and services leadership at Strata to refine tools and services to deliver increasing value to our clients. In this role, you will:
- Lead and develop a team of consultants who implement software, perform in-depth analyses to validate savings opportunities, and support on-going margin improvement efforts
- Develop and execute client-specific plans to ensure clients realize the maximize value from their investment in Strata and use the toolset well. This includes understanding the organization structure, culture, and stakeholders at complex organizations, then designing, implementing, and assisting them in managing comprehensive margin improvement programs.
- Exhibit strong Change Leadership, Problem Solving, Consultative, and Client Management skills. Grow this skill set with in the Continuous Improvement team.
- Partner with the Solution Leader for Continuous Improvement to continue to grow the practice and increase the effectiveness of services provided. This may include supporting business development activities, working with product development, coordinating with implementation teams, developing and presenting/publishing thought leadership, etc.
- Analyze data and/or coaching consultants in analyzing data to identify opportunities and validate actions to take
- Coach, guide, and develop consultants as they:
- Work with client stakeholders to evaluate, then improve, clients’ business processes and cultures to optimize decision-making, planning and execution related to cost improvement
- Utilize financial, operational, and clinical data to conduct analyses to identify the cause of excess cost and to pinpoint actions to take
- Communicate complex analyses to clients and colleagues to gain buy-in for taking action
- Work with other people with Strata, such as Experience Management, Professional Services, and Decision Support, to develop holistic account strategies for clients
Your accomplishments include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field (i.e. Health Administration, Business, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science)
- Master of Healthcare Administration, MBA, or related field(s) preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience in working with senior leaders of health systems to reduce cost as a consultant or a leader of margin-improvement software implementations, or as a Performance Improvement or Finance leader within health systems.
- Demonstrated experience in successful process improvement initiatives and effective change management examples in healthcare providers
- Effective management of largescale, multiple initiative “programs” or “portfolios”, ideally specific to comprehensive cost reduction, preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma Blackbelt, or equivalent training/certification, preferred
- Strong analytical skills, data visualization, and the ability to communicate key findings and actions
- An understanding of financial concepts, including financial statement analysis
- Ability to create trust with clients and team members by delivering on expectation and providing insightful coaching to improve margin
- Strong self-motivation, and the ability to work effectively with limited guidance when necessary
- Project management and strong organizational skills
- Professional and/or academic background in SQL and relational database concepts preferred
- Willingness to travel 35-50%, ensuring an excellent level of client service