Director Implementation, Employee Cloud at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Director of Customer Implementation will be responsible for the success of our new customer onboarding programs; and for scaling the function to successfully handle rapid growth. We believe an integrated point-of-sale and payroll solution that is reliable and easy to use will be a game-changer for the restaurant operators we serve, and this role will be directly responsible for increasing the number of customers we’re able to successfully set up on the platform each month. S/he will focus on the customer journey from completion of the sale through successfully running their first payroll and transitioning to our ongoing customer success teams. S/he will be responsible for hitting new customer implementation targets, customer satisfaction/loyalty, employee happiness, and the cost of implementation.
About this roll*:
- Drive a step-function increase in new customer go-lives by improving capacity and efficiency
- Directly lead the implementation of new mid-market and enterprise customers; develop the playbook, lead the team, and ensure a seamless transition to ongoing support.
- Deliver a delightful, low effort experience for new customers getting started with Toast Payroll
- People inspirer; unify the team around our mission of helping new customers launch on time, without errors, and with a positive first experience with Toast.
- Process improvement leader; identify and prioritize systems/workflow enhancements that will make work easy for our team and customers
- New customer experience designer; match customer needs with innovative approaches that are uniquely designed for the restaurant customers we serve.
- Build a high performing team through effective org design, hiring, development, and recognition.
- Master of scale; build a strong team and smart processes that can handle 10x growth within a few years. Recognize areas of growth risk and act urgently to mitigate with scalable solutions.
- Direct data synthesis and analytics (dashboards) to be sure we are data-driven in performance assessment and prioritizing actions.
- Partner with GTM, Implementation, and other business areas to ensure smooth handoffs and a cohesive customer experience across products and journey stages.
- Direct the enablement of the Implementation teams; ensure employees in all roles have the systems and training they need to be successful in their work.
- Study voice-of-customer trends to analyze new customer feedback, intervene when needed, and be sure our team is acting on what we learn (product, people, systems)
- Energizer and culture leader; this role will be key to modeling and building a culture of high performance, high morale, recognition/celebration, and fun.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Relentless heart for customers & strong ambition to create a uniquely rewarding experience for restaurant and small business operators
- 10+ years in Customer Success with at least 2 years leading high-volume implementation functions
- Experience at a high-growth tech company and/or providing payroll solutions to small biz’s at scale
- Record of building high performing teams with strong engagement, morale, and retention
- Obsessed with smart processes and optimizing for efficiency and customer delight. Experienced with process improvement to increase customer value in sustainable/lower cost ways.
- Dynamic change leader; bring new ideas and engage the hearts & minds of the larger team with strong context and communication around change.
- Ability to juggle multiple initiatives/projects with a relentless focus on driving the right outcomes for Toast and our customers.
- Exceptional communicator; able to inform and inspire at all levels of the company with verbal, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a paradigm-shifting customer experience together
- Must be a techie; enthusiastic about using technology to solve problems for customers at scale.
- Highly ethical leader; will earn and be worthy of our customers’ and employees’ trust
- Ability to operate both strategically and tactically
- Restaurant experience a significant plus
30-50% travel for non-Chicago based leader. Mostly to the service centers at the leader’s discretion, but will also include occasional trips to Boston or customer locations.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required