Director, PMO at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
We are looking for an exceptionally analytical leader to create and manage our centralized Program Management Office. This PMO leadership role will be responsible for standardizing the program/project-related governance processes and facilitate the sharing of project resources, methodologies, tools, and techniques. The ideal applicant should be an experienced and established leader with the right balance of analytical skills as well as strategic intuition and know-how.
You’ll be responsible for leading a team of Program and Project Managers that provide project related services and support to both our Logistics and Care organizations, as well as defining the strategy for preserving and maximizing value as part of the broader Grubhub platform. A real self-starter, you should have a passion for digging into all facets of operations and solving hard problems -- plus a proven track record of getting things done.
- Establish, define, and own the overall program management approach for identified strategic initiatives, including aligning on major timelines and deliverables to address and meet the desired outcomes
- Identify and oversee the individual projects that will achieve the broader program goals, formulate/consolidate project plans, identify dependencies, highlight risks and roadblocks, and suggest possible solutions to stay on track
- Lead cross-functional teams throughout the change process and ensure that there’s strong collaboration across companies/geographies; you need to be effective in holding people accountable
- Establish an agile integration project framework, which includes clear communication plans, disciplined timelines, effective review processes, thorough risk management, and the flexibility to react to learnings which arise during integration
- Define, analyze, and implement the relevant financial, operational, and customer experience KPIs and drive business integration accordingly in alignment with broader business goals and objectives
- Work closely with Senior Leadership to plan for and implement effective workforce and cultural integrations; Provide Senior Leadership with the information needed to assess project value, impact, and strategic alignment
- Act as an advisor for project teams within the program, recognizing strengths and accomplishments
- Identify structural and process improvement opportunities as well as innovation enabled by the integration
What You Bring to the Table
- 10+ years of Program Management and/or Project Management experience, leading end-to-end business and technical project implementations
- 5+ years implementing and leading a centralized Project Management Office (PMO)
- 5+ years of Project Portfolio Management (PPM) experience, developing and prioritizing strategies that identify the right mix or projects and resources needed to meet organizational objectives.
- 5+ years of experience in business strategy or operations leadership roles, accountable for end-to-end implementations
- 5+ years of people management experience required
- MBA or Masters in Project Management required
- PMP and/or Lean Six Sigma certification preferred (Green belt or higher)
- Track record of driving results and leading execution on cross-functional teams; you’re effective in running complex projects -- everything from project plans, tracking, communication, etc.
- Strong attention to detail; digs into all of the minutiae and understands every aspect of the business; you love to learn and when something isn’t clear you figure it out
- Experience overseeing and offering strategic guidance to Project Managers while ensuring proper communication between independent teams in the company
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills (you are an expert at Excel and SQL skills a plus); you bring solutions to the table based on thorough analyses
- Data analysis and business data reporting experience preferred
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with ambitions goals
- Experience identifying and capturing business needs and translating into detailed project requirements
- Experience establishing a clear charter to underline expectations and implementation of a project delivery framework.
- Track record of driving results and completing projects on schedule and within budget
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with experience communicating with all levels up to and including executive management.
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile, and/or Lean Six-Sigma project management methodologies
- Experience with, project management tools, such as Asana, Jira, or Smartsheets a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.