Director, Project Management Office North America (Infrastructure Exp. mandatory)
The Director of Project Management Office North America is responsible for leading our program and project management teams who deliver large, complex infrastructure projects. Ensono is seeking a candidate who possesses executive level program and project management expertise in order to mentor and guide the teams with their ability to plan, organize, and control large client projects. Typical projects for these teams include data center migrations, the build out of Mainframe, Distributed and Public Cloud solutions and the upgrade and consolidation of infrastructure equipment. The specific responsibilities for the teams will include the planning and managing of projects for our clients and will include the development of the project scope, goals, work plans, budget tracking, timelines, deliverables, resource planning and executive level communications for successful and timely completion of such projects. We are looking for a knowledgeable, competent, team player that can lead our PMO and is capable of delivering successful conversations at the Executive level. Candidates should also be results oriented who can thrive in a culture that values initiative, leadership, and collaboration. The role will report directly to the Global VP of Implementation.
· Provides leadership and strategic direction to the project team
· Manages company booked business to reasonable installation “forecast” dates
· Ensures effective team identification of project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies; acts as an escalation point for the team and implements effective mitigation strategies by taking corrective action to achieve resolution project goals.
· Oversees the various work streams of activities in the project, including timeline, quality of work, risks, issue escalations, and collaboration amongst the various stakeholders.
· Works with all stakeholders to ensure governance is in place and a continuous improvement/ transformation plan is in place.
· Manages the development of polished executive-level presentations; delivers information to internal business associates and external clients in a clear and concise fashion.
· Manages the project status reporting according to prescribed timelines for a given project
· Develops measurement processes/methods for assessing progress towards goals and project outcomes
· Manage costs and budget.
· Develops business insights based on analysis of results and communicates key findings to various members of management to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
· Develops partnerships with Sales and operational teams for handoff
· Deliver to project timelines and keep within delivery SLA’s and SLO’s
· Participate in weekly Sales meetings to assess upcoming client projects
· Participate in weekly design assurance meetings to ensure we can deliver proposed solutions
· Enablement of global resourcing for delivery of services
· Creates an environment and culture of knowledge sharing and re-use
· Create team development guidelines and perform one on one and skip level meetings with associates.
· Build a metrics driven team, baselining through continuous improvements
People Management and Leadership
· Manage and lead a large team of service-oriented professionals across multiple disciplines, including planning and allocating of resources, developing, coaching and mentoring associates and managing performance to deliver service outcomes and continuous improvements
· Enables ongoing competency development of the portfolio/span of control
· Personally, spend adequate time on coaching and mentoring the next level of associates
· Communicates on organization policy or processes
· Sets appropriate performance measurements for managers and associates
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business
· Project Management (PMP) certification required
· Agile, ITIL certifications a plus
· 5+ years managing Project Teams
· 10+ years of complex program and project management experience
· Fully proficient in MS Project
· Experienced with PSA tools and processes
· Strong financial management skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with client focus
· Experience with global matrix reporting models
· Demonstrated experience defining, motivating and driving change at an executive level and across stakeholders
· Excellent communication (verbal, written and technical translation) skills
· Experience working in a Managed Service Provider business a plus
· Infrastructure expertise a plus
Primary Location City/State:
Downers Grove, IL