Director - Technical Projects
Who are we?
NowPow is a women-owned and led technology company that powers communities with the knowledge people need to get well, care for others, and manage with disease. The multi-sided Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform seamlessly integrates with electronic health records to identify patients’ self-care needs, generate highly matched referrals, share referrals with community partners, and track referral status to close the loop on care. By making community resources visible to the people who need them the most, NowPow nurtures healthier, more vibrant communities.
NowPow is seeking a Director of Technical Projects that will lead planning and execution of customer integration projects with Electronic Health Records and case management systems. You will collaborate closely with NowPow’s New Product Development and Technology departments, and will be required to successfully navigate across all NowPow departments to ensure customer success. Your daily functions include managing current technology projects as well as planning for upcoming projects, working across NowPow to meet customers’ needs.
- Lead technical project scoping and implementation, working with the customer project strategic leaders to finalize the technical project goals and scope
- Refine process for planning and executing technical projects and onboarding process for each NowPow customer
- Develop and execute a technical implementation roadmap for current and future projects (e.g. timelines and materials)
- Execute on large scale implementation including timeline, work breakdown, and milestones
- Identify and track areas of risk, develop mitigation plans, and build consensus on key project decisions
- Work across departments to prioritize support issues, schedule development time, and communicate timelines and fixes effectively to customers
- Identify process gaps and eliminate issues impacting progress
- Understand the impact of new software releases and how they impact ongoing customer projects
- Gain a deep understanding of the NowPow technology and understand all moving parts as they relate to implementation and integration product functionality
- Continually think of ways to improve the implementation process
- Participate in strategic planning conversations
- Additional tasks as assigned
- 5-7 years of experience leading large technology projects and teams (e.g. software development, system implementations, business analysis etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or equivalent preferred
- Experience working on large scale projects to implement and/or interface with electronic health record systems
- Experience designing and leading project-based work
- Experience with project management techniques and tools
- Ability to adhere and promote standard project management tools, procedures, and best practices
- Experience managing both internal and external teams
- Customer service experience and experience managing customer support initiatives
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working in a start-up environment
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and strong track record of setting and meeting delivery commitments
- The ability to be candid and forthright and conduct oneself with maturity and integrity in all situations
- Charismatic attitude and willingness to work on a dynamic mixture of tasks no matter how big or small
- Commitment to social impact initiatives and helping underserved communities
- Strong analytic skills and extremely high attention to detail
We work at NowPow because we care! NowPowers are passionate about our mission and are excited about the opportunities and challenges we face. At NowPow, we cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where everyone is a valued team member.
Our people and our culture are important to us and make working at NowPow special. We invest in the self-care of our team and provide competitive benefits to support this. We celebrate our successes every week with a company wide happy hour on Fridays and recognize those who went above and beyond in their work. Outside of work, we have fun through company events such as laser tag, ice skating and heading to the ballpark for beautiful weather and a baseball game!
We are looking for highly motivated and hard-working individuals to join our team and help us connect health care to self-care. Apply now to join our growing team!