Experienced Consultant, Project Management Office (PMO) at West Monroe
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently in search of a high-performance Program Management Office Experienced Consultant with experience implementing project management strategies and the entrepreneurial capability to grow and thrive in an expanding practice. At West Monroe Partners, you will have the opportunity to own your own career while engaging in high impact projects.
West Monroe Partners’ PMO practice applies practical solutions and proven methods to help our clients:
- Design and implement World Class Program Management Offices
- Realize the business value of a strong Program Management Office
- Build reporting structure – ability to handle immediate changes and adapting to future ones
Our clients’ project management engagements range from short projects to large transformational programs. Project duration ranges from four weeks to six months or even beyond a year. Our client services include PMO assessments, buildout and implementation of PM best practices and management of project resources.
We are looking for candidates with 2-4 years of experience providing project management solutions in support of large scale process/technology projects and/or other transformational initiatives. Candidates should also have experience in helping to develop and/or enhance supporting methodologies and tools, as well as integrating these with other consulting solutions (e.g., technology and vertical practices).
Successful candidates will have experience in/participate in the following types of activities:
- Identify and document PMO practices of in-flight initiatives with supervision
- Support stakeholder analysis efforts and PMO strategy development & implementation
- Enable client-specific project management strategies through :
- Conduct initial PMO analysis and assessment and develop recommended approach and strategy
- Develop, configure and optimize project management processes, such as demand management, release management, and project initiation through project closeout.
- Lead efforts to execute recommendations across areas such as schedule management, risk & issue management, project communications and financial management
- Manage project economics including: track project budgets, project resource allocation, and project manager demand forecasting
- Participate in and support the national team in development and enhancements to the
- Program Management Office methodologies, tools and other collateral
- Actively participate in thought leadership activities such as blogs, white papers and other related efforts
- Participate in meetings, development of proposals and other efforts related to Program
- Management Organization practice
- Assist in creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for opportunities
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, IT, or business management, or similar fields.
- 2-4 years of experience providing project management solutions in support of large scale process/technology projects and/or other transformational initiatives.
- 2-4 years of experience in project management areas such as managing direct reports, managing in-flight projects, kicking off projects, developing project plans, status reporting, and program level leadership coordination
- Prior consulting from either a large/strategic consultancy or internal corporate projct management group is preferred
- Must have experience in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to assist in selling work to clients
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience
- Demonstrated success within one or more of West Monroe Partners’ core industries including Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Insurance, Consumer Products, Banking and/or Private Equity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- PMP or CMI certified in project management, optional
- Ability to travel 50-70%
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.