Expert Technology Consultant: Mainframe DB2 Performance Tuning Consulting at Ensono
Ensono’s mission is to be an objective and independent partner to our clients, helping them achieve strategic outcomes for their business by operating, optimizing, and modernizing their IT estate. As an Expert Technology Consultant in Mainframe DB2, you partner with Ensono account teams to educate clients on available Mainframe DB2 Optimization value paths and develop solutions to execute. Ensono views the full art of the possible in Mainframe DB2 Optimization as helping clients make the most out of the modern mainframe as well as modernizing and integrating mission-critical apps, building application Mainframe DB2 Optimization and re-platforming plans where applicable. We are looking for someone who is passionate about: • Creating, articulating, and positioning an innovative and compelling value proposition so that client executives clearly realize the benefits and transformational value that Ensono uniquely can bring to them • Articulating and executing technical Mainframe DB2 Optimization strategies by working with Ensono Product Management and highly technical teams within our clients and partners • Engaging with development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams at the client and identifying repeatable patterns and architectures for best-fit end states. • Informing Ensono business leads on go-to-market approaches and opportunities. • Identifying mainframe platform improvements, influencing the Product Management roadmaps. • Engaging with C-level customer executives to educate, inspire, define and execute Mainframe DB2 Optimization strategies demonstrating objective thought-leadership and a ‘can do’ approach, working backward from client needs. • Articulating the technical challenges and rewards of application development in a hybrid IT environment that includes mainframe, open systems, and public and private cloud.
In your day to day, you will,
- Will develop the value proposition for the DB2 Optimization Service.
- Will develop the Service Description/Statement of Work for the DB2 Optimization Service
- Will develop the estimating cost model for the DB2 Optimization Service.
- Will develop client facing presentations as needed.
- Where needed, delivery the service to the client.
- Where needed, support the recuring team in staffing billable projects.
- Will support Ensono Product team in further development of the DB2 Optimization Service.
- Engage with senior business leaders and technical stakeholders at the customer to understand their business objectives, their challenges in achieving those, and to help them achieve their objectives by modernizing their mission-critical Mainframe assets, including the platform itself as well as the applications.
- Support sales teams on consulting services pursuits helping to progress and close new business, including building SOWs and TCO/ROI business cases.
- Collaborate with our Partners with specialized capabilities to ensure successful outcomes for our clients.
- Lead technical strategy and enterprise architecture across diverse global teams driving change and business value at significant scale.
- Showcase hands-on technical credibility with technical leaders, and acts as a mentor to other Solution Architects on the full art of the possible and best practices and considerations in Mainframe Modernization.
- Lead with a low ego and with outcomes-oriented energy.
- 7+ yrs experience in a Technical Presales, Solution Architect, Enterprise Architect, or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of large-scale hybrid IT environments where systems of engagement and systems of record can run on best-fit platforms, seamlessly and securely integrated.
- 7+ years of experience with Mainframe DB2 Optimization
- Deep understanding of how mainframe, cloud and hybrid systems are used within the enterprise.
- Practical knowledge of how application development works within DevOps & Agile practices and tooling.
- Experience leading Design Thinking Workshops and leveraging various implementation methodologies across the solution and delivery phases
- Experience in creating technical elements of a project plan, estimation, risk, and dependencies.
- Experience as SME on Mainframe DB2 Optimization assessment and execution tools
- Experience mapping client platform and app deployment requirements into private or public cloud platform services and configuration, knowledge of service catalogue
- Experience supporting sales and presenting in client orals
- Willingness to travel to customer locations as needed. Estimated 10% travel requirement.
- · Multi-tier distributed architecture experience within IT Presales, consulting, operations, application development or support to include the following: experience architecting, operating on premises and cloud-based solutions, or experience transforming IT solutions, and working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
· 5+ years across Hybrid IT in multiple of the following areas: Infrastructure, software, database and cloud design.
· 5+ Experience of using IBM DB2 mainframe and ISV tools for maintaining online or batch applications.
· Experience working on pre-sales initiatives such as RFP, RFIs etc. that include mainframe Software Rationalization projects.
· Understanding large IT budgets, complex vendor relationships, and working with diverse teams to justify mainframe Software Rationalization investment for clients.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical discipline.