Financial Crimes Program Lead at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm, a financial technology startup, seeks a Financial Crimes Lead to help run a comprehensive BSA/AML and Sanctions Compliance program. Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience. We're looking for someone with passion for technology, consumer finance, and improving consumer credit products, and we hope that's you!What you'll do
- Follow company policies/standards to resolve if activities or transactions are non-compliant/potentially suspicious and action as appropriate
- Assist our originating bank partners with generating and filing reports
- Undertake project work and Financial Crime program improvements
- Operationalize and Standardize BSA/AML and Sanctions Policies and Procedures enhancements
- Support the Financial Crimes team in maintaining relevant policies, risk assessments, trainings, and other related items (including internal testing and monitoring and external audits and exams)
- Assist with operationalizing and streamlining the BSA/AML and Sanctions Training Program
- Assist in the development of key risk indicators (KRI) and key performance indicators (KPI)
- Work closely with our Financial Crimes team to stay up to date on current industry standards and regulatory requirements
- Identify areas of improvement in our Compliance procedures, tooling, and policies
- Work in collaboration with cross functional teams across the organization
- 5+ years of professional work experience in BSA/AML, Sanctions, or Fraud experience preferred.
- Exceptional judgment, organizational and analytical skills and keen attention to detail, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools, such as Snowflake, Excel, and visualization software (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong background in suspicious activity identification and customer/merchant investigations
- Ability to identify current manual processes and suggest/implement automation to drive efficiency
- Strong understanding of BSA/AML and Sanctions Program requirements
- Proven experience in enhancing or building a financial crimes program (risk assessment, training, development of governance/reporting metrics)
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with, and communicate complex regulations to, business partners
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.