Freelance Scrum Master at closerlook, inc.
Freelance Scrum Master
We are seeking a Freelance Scrum Master who can work independently in a fast-paced environment. This requires high proficiency in web development, email development, interactive ad banners and data science project life cycles.
closerlook's Scrum Master supports members of the creative, interactive development, CRM, data science, quality assurance, user experience, and Project Management teams to help create innovative, high-quality web applications, advanced reports and digital offerings for our clients in the pharmaceutical industry.
The Scrum Master plays a key role in the closerlook project lifecycle and helps supports that the final deliverable meets & exceeds agency and client expectations.
- Owns calendar invites for all agile related meetings; planning, estimations, stand-ups, & retrospectives
- Supports the team to both adhere to best Agile practices as well as finding creative ways to support the team to be as efficient as possible
- Facilitate the daily stands which includes both verbal and email communications to collect and consolidate team updates
- Works across sprints to help facilitate capacity conversations, and identify work that may be blocked work due to staffing/casting challenges
- General oversight and maintenance of the Jira board
- Organization, prep, and facilitation of planning sessions & estimations for future sprints
- Create & support sprint planning while communicating timing around future key deadlines within our Agile process
- Owns Agile training for all new hires at the Agency
- Continued process development, documentation & training as it relates to closerlook’s Agile process
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Experience working in Jira software platform
- Demonstrate project management skills
- Prior experience in high-tech or software company operations is preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Effectively copes with change; ability to shift gears; can decide and act without having the total picture; embraces when things are up in the air.
- Curiosity – Possess a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- Fast-paced – Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Informing – Provides information people need to know to do their jobs; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes success and failures as clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Skilled – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material or support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Teamwork – Demonstrates teamwork skills, including mentoring and developing junior staff.
- Thought Partner – Ability to be a strong thought-partner to cross-functional colleagues.