Global Strategic Communications Supervisor
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here…
McDonald’s has new leadership team, a new growth strategy and an evolving company culture driving renewed momentum for one of the world’s most iconic brands. We’re seeking a new member for the McDonald’s Global Executive & Internal Communications team who will help build on this success, acting as an internal journalist and storyteller who will share our vision and help our colleagues recognize our progress. If you are a great writer who also has a passion for using video, infographics, social media and other contemporary communication tools, reach out and tell us how you would help us foster organizational alignment, engagement, and pride among key audiences. Our team works hard and juggles a lot, but we have fun and enjoy celebrating and inspiring each other as we do our part in building a better McDonald’s. This role will be based in Chicago.
Principle responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage multiple project work streams concurrently, identifying and elevating integration opportunities and roadblocks to ensure effective communications across GSCS.
- Develop processes and standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness of communications channels that promote an open and transparent environment.
- Collaborate with Executive Communications Manager and Corporate Relations team to ensure GSCS’s internal and external messages are aligned with McDonald’s growth strategy.
- Partner with creative design teams to prepare infographics, presentations, videos and other multimedia content.
- Regularly update and maintain employee and supplier email distribution lists.
· Measure and report on success of executed communications, and utilize data and other insights to drive greater effectiveness in the future.
- Manage use and maintenance of internal communications channels (e.g. SharePoint, Yammer, intranet, etc.).
- Contribute and coordinate content from subject matter experts/content coordinators for GSCS employee communications vehicles (e.g. monthly employee communication, leadership messages).
- Provide strategic communications counsel and support to global and market teams on message development and deployment.
· Plan, design and edit quarterly newsletter to McDonald’s suppliers
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations, Human Resources, Business and/or related field.
· 5+ years of experience in Corporate Communications or Public Relations (agency experience a plus).
· 3+ years of experience working in a large/multi-national company.
· Global experience a plus
· Ability to write quickly on a deadline
· Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
· Detail oriented