Global Strategic Sourcing Supervisor
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here
This position will reside within Global Strategic Sourcing Services (GSSS), the Indirect Procurement group within the McDonald’s Global Supply Chain business. GSSS is a dynamic, growing department which contributes directly to the bottom line performance of the company. GSSS consults with leaders throughout the company and supports initiatives that are driving McDonald’s into the future. This position will be responsible for sourcing and category management activities, which entails partnering with internal stakeholders to develop requirements, issuing and scoring RFx events, negotiating pricing and contracts, calculating and reporting savings, and executing supplier management and sourcing best practices. Establishing and prioritizing key work plan elements for sourcing projects and categories will be critical to achieve expected objectives and results. This position will report to a GSSS Purchasing Manager, and will work closely with other team members, key support departments, and critical stakeholders in the company owned restaurants, franchisee base, global, and US Home and Regional offices. This position may entail supervision of Sourcing Analysts.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Executing and championing GSSS’s 7-Step Strategic Sourcing process
o Calculating baseline spend prior to project kickoff and savings after successful implementation
o Developing project plans, deliverables, metrics and milestones for associated projects
o Scoring suppliers and supporting the supplier selection process
o Supporting supplier negotiations
o Providing judgment on the value of the deal
o Supporting execution and transition activities (at times leading these efforts)
- Managing assigned categories and overall supplier relationships including:
o Completing necessary tasks to gather key supplier data (i.e. volumes, costs, product and service performance statistics, financial information, etc)
o Identifying supplier risks and formulating suggested mitigation strategies
o Reviewing and approving vendor performance standards and measurements
o Providing input into annual category management plans
o Facilitating escalations on behalf of vendors and stakeholders
- Executing all necessary communications to ensure accurate and timely flow of information to internal customers, stakeholders, and suppliers
- Bachelors’ Degree in core Business disciplines, STEM fields, or Supply Chain Management required.
- 4+ years’ experience in strategic sourcing or commensurate experience in related functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in Excel or similar tools
- Proficient at communicating conclusions to leadership in a clear and concise manner
- Possess a working knowledge of procurement best practices, including supplier negotiations, selection, evaluation, management, and development; must be able to demonstrate “hands-on” experience
- Think critically in order to structure analyses and processes to solve poorly defined problems
- Negotiate and provide mutually beneficial contracts and business relationships
- Build positive working relationships both internally and externally to provide McDonald’s with goods and services at the lowest Total Cost of Ownership and lowest risk
- Communicate effectively via written and oral methods
- Able to problem solve and search for answers using internal and external network/sources
- Organized and able to effectively manage a number of responsibilities/projects at once
- Able to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Capable of leading, directing, and developing others
- Capable of working effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, determining work steps based upon management direction
- Able to align own activities with group’s goals and strategies
- Possess natural curiosity, asking questions when necessary to understand a problem