Implementation Senior Project Manager
The implementation team focuses on building standardized, repeatable implementation programs to successfully onboard a client to SMS assist. This individual manages and leads a successful deployment of the new client implementation plan. They seek ways to continually evolve and improve the implementation project. They build and implement transformations using customizable solutions for each company’s unique business strategy. This individual works under general supervision.
- Act as the main client liaison during implementation, able to respond authoritatively to both implementation and general SMS Assist inquiries
- Consistently deliver exemplary internal and external customer interactions and exhibit the world class customer service that SMS Assist strives towards
- Coordinate project work for all functions related to new client onboarding to deliver excellent outcomes
- Build strong relationships with all key internal teams (e.g. Operations, Product, Affiliate, Legal & Sales) to deliver on client implementations. Leverage those relationships to influence and drive improvements between those teams and Implementation
- Track project against agreed upon delivery dates and provide weekly written status updates through established reporting mechanisms to client and internal stakeholders/senior-level personnel
- Understand the escalation process for project risks and issues; develop and execute mitigation plans, involving internal teams as necessary
- Have a strong understanding of the SMS Assist implementation project plan and customize it to suit the delivery of basic complexity client implementations
- Use experience from previous implementations, continually seek opportunities to increase efficiency, consistency and effectiveness of the implementation plan
- Modify and create (as necessary) SMS Assist standard implementation documents, tools and processes to manage change successfully throughout the course of the project, with basic understanding of the impact of change on the overall project/program
- Document and create content for new and existing processes and publish to the Implementation team’s knowledge base. Is a reviewer/approver of content created by other team members
- Provide guidance and oversight to Implementation Specialists
- Foster a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Customer Service – Advanced
- Verbal Communication – Advanced
- Written Communication – Advanced
- Relationships – Advanced. Build and manage relationships from project team members all the way to C-suite
- Learning Agility – Proficient
- Analysis – Advanced
- Problem Solving – Advanced
- Process Orientation – Advanced
- Prioritization – Advanced
Task Specific Skills
- Moderate knowledge of traditional/waterfall project management methodologies, including planning, scope definition, execution, and delivery
- Excellent Meeting Management
- Moderate knowledge of traditional/waterfall project scheduling platforms e.g. Microsoft Project, Smartsheet etc.
- Computer Skills: Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Proficient use of meeting software e.g. Zoom, telephone conferencing etc.
- Proficient use of content/knowledge management tools e.g. Microsoft SharePoint, Bloomfire etc.
- Travel requirements: Travel Expected: up to 10% of the time
People Management Skills
- Not applicable to this role
- 2-4 years of related business experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP), or equivalent experience
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects of basic complexity
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of client consulting strongly preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.