Implementation Setup Specialist at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Implementation Setup Specialists are responsible for understanding technical payroll needs and configuring our application to meet client set-up needs. The Implementation Setup Specialist will support the implementation of our customers by completing system set-up work including balancing converted data into the Paylocity Payroll and HR platform and reconcile to reports and tax returns provided by the client. This role will also assist in setting up security roles and accruals policies, loading accruals balances, and managing special data projects as needed. Paylocity is committed to providing our clients with a high level of service; this position is responsible for maintaining this commitment within our Implementation Organization.
Reports To: Implementation Leadership Team; Majors/Enterprise
- Facilitate the entry of previous payroll provider data
- Follow balancing procedures to ensure all converted data is accurate
- Perform quality assurance checks to ensure all setup work has been completed accurately using audit tools and reports available
- Record, resolve, and research errors and issues
- Collaborate with internal teams to strengthen processes and deliverables
- Offer mentoring, training, and support to other team members as necessary
- Participate in planning and scheduling of team tasks and deadlines
- Maintain advanced level knowledge of Paylocity’s products and procedures
- Manage independent workload and ensure both high-quality work and timely delivery
- Responsible for mastering the web-based Paylocity payroll and HR software application
- Research and resolve complex payroll issues to ensure the best possible client transition experience
- Identify and document potential improvements to Paylocity procedures including training, documentation, and system enhancements to increase client and employee retention and satisfaction
- Assist with company and employee level system configuration and setup as needed
- Support client overflow calls such as queue calls, test payroll, or first payroll support call as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel up to 10% required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in payroll service bureau with implementing and balancing client year-to-date wages.
- Minimum 2 years of Paylocity experience in a client-facing payroll-related role.
- Familiar with payroll related legislative requirements (taxes, withholding orders, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of advanced Excel concepts such as VLOOKUP, ASAP utilities, formulas, and calculations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to identify and evaluate resources and plan for their utilization
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, dependability, and follow-through
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships
- Takes initiative to tackle problems and generate new ideas
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks independently
- Ability to work with and analyze large data sets
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.