Implementation Specialist - Group Benefits
GoHealth is seeking a talented Implementation Specialist will be responsible for the successful installation of new and renewal groups on our Group Benefits team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the client lifecycle from Sales/Account Management sold or renewed client hand off through successful installation at the carrier level. The main objective of the Implementation Specialist is to drive the implementation process for all clients through the following work streams: benefits administration portal building and end-user testing, carrier paperwork and requirements, open enrollment planning, employee enrollment, carrier submission, and post installation client communication.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.
Manage multiple tasks and handle all new and renewal implementations simultaneously for our Small Group Insurance clientele. Implementation Specialist activities will include but are not limited to:
- Interfacing with clients and effectively communicating implementation timeline and expectations.
- Gathering, preparing, and communicating client specific required documents needed for successful implementation (benefits administration portal census, carrier applications and additional required documentation).
- Assisting clients with carrier applications and gathering additional required documentation needed.
- Building and configuring client online benefits administration portals.
- End-user testing of portals built and configured by peers.
- Launching open enrollment window and effectively communicating the open enrollment experience to client.
- Working with internal teams to ensure all eligible employees have on-boarded onto benefits administration portal and made benefit elections.
- Acting as a subject matter expert on the benefits administration portal to effectively develop, update and deliver system training and demonstrations to end users when they're initially on boarded as clients.
- Assisting clients with employee enrollments via email or phone.
- Reviewing and auditing completed carrier applications and additional required documentation received by client.
- Initiating the carrier submission process and managing the submission until carrier approval is received.
- Becoming fully knowledgeable of all carrier requirements to ensure high quality submissions are being produced.
- Adhering to client and partnership Service Level Agreements as outlined by leadership.
- Uncovering key carrier/partner contacts and developing working relationships.
- Working with internal teams on escalated implementation issues and see through to resolution.
Skills and Experience:
- 1 -3 years of experience in Health Insurance industry focusing on Employee Benefits, such as medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage.
- Active Health Insurance Producer license in IL and/or experience working with small group health insurance clientele considered a strong plus.
- Technically savvy with proficient experience in benefit administration software.
- Experience with Salesforce or other related CRM tools.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both internally (teammates) and with external contacts (carriers, vendors, clients, etc.).
- Ability to thrive and maintain focus in a fast-paced, technology-based environment; flexibility and adaptability (processes may change; you must be able to change with them).
- Humor and humility because after all, this is a TEAM environment and we lean on each other to learn and grow.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer