INFORMATION AND INTEGRATION ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT at Cat Digital
To provide architecture solution services and counsel to IT and business driven projects and manage enterprise technology footprint. The position provides leadership direction and accountability for strategic application architecture plans, technology design and lifecycle, and information integrity by promoting reuse through Enterprise Architecture processes/reviews and standard compliance practices. An IT Architect II will determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions, conduct architectural reviews and recommend how to proceed.
This position is recognized within the Caterpillar IT community as an expert in the data and integration domain. The IT Architect II will create and maintain architectural best practices, addressing data design, integration and technology in the context of the related technology domains.
Key areas of accountability include leading the development of Architecture Solutions for Strategic Enterprise projects and programs; developing and maintaining global technology roadmaps and application evolution plans; leading in the evaluation of new technology, information or integration standards; and developing IT strategy for a specific technical or business domain.
Responsibilities include one or more of the following:
1. Lead Architecture assessment and design for infrastructure domains that provide core capabilities for the enterprise.
2. Lead Architecture design and create roadmaps for end to end enterprise systems that serve multiple business functions.
3. Lead the design and implementation of enterprise data model and metadata structures for low to medium complex projects.
4. Define which data is extracted and the rules by which it is transformed for complex projects.
5. Initiate and deliver technology evaluation and recommendations.
6. Develop and maintain current and planned state architecture blue prints.
7. Lead the efforts for Enterprise Technology Rationalization.
8. Ensure projects maintain an enterprise-wide view to support adoption of standards and practices and promote reuse.
9. Develop, improve, validate, and use tools to facilitate Enterprise Architecture efforts.
10. Lead the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the Enterprise Architecture.
11. Assist in the development and alignment of the IT roadmaps with the IT and Business strategy.
12. Participate in the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers and requirements that drive the future state architecture.
Typical internal customers include employees within multiple business processes or functions including multiple Business Units and Divisions. In addition this person may have direct relationships with Global Product Owners (GPO), IT Managers, and Directors. External contacts include various companies who purchase services offered by Caterpillar and/or suppliers who provide hardware or software to Caterpillar.
The position is challenged to identify problems quickly and correctly, some which may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. Communications for needed investments, architectural changes, or business needs is critical to ensure solutions can be created to meet strategic business capability needs.
1. Common Skills: Leadership, Team working, Inter-personal and Influential skills.
2. Business Skills & Methods: - Business case development, business process mapping, strategic planning.
3. Enterprise Architecture Skills: - architecture modeling, building block design, applications and role design and systems integration
4. Program or Project Management Skills: - Managing business change, project management methods and tools, etc.
5. IT General Knowledge Skills: - Brokering applications, asset management, migration planning, SLAs, etc.
6. Technical IT Skills: - Deep expertise in areas of data interchange, data management, or other data related technical areas. Such as data warehouse technology, NoSQL databases, analytics and data ETL tools.
Typically this position will require an accredited, four-year Information Technology degree, a closely related technical degree, or equivalent experience. Progressively related experience of least 8-12 years and recognition as a domain expert is necessary. A certification in TOGAF or similar framework is highly desirable. Experience in multiple business processes or organizations and experience in multiple IT disciplines is also beneficial. Good technical, communication and influential skills are required. In addition, the incumbent should have a good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards and procedures, with broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization.
Remote Work Opportunity!