Innovation Project Manager
McDonald's Corporation continues to grow and expand!
We are one of most recognized brands in the world. In 2018, we have been rated as a top 10 place to work in Chicago. As a modern, dynamic “Tech” and “Innovative” company, we are continually changing the Retail Food Service industry. Working in our Innovation group of the corporation will provide you with meaningful exciting, new work, rewarding career opportunities, and one of the best comprehensive benefits packages in the industry.
McDonald’s is taking our business beyond the walls of restaurants - revolutionizing how we collaborate with our customers. We are providing customers with enticing mobile, web, delivery, and kiosk solutions on the scale of industry leading retailers. Innovation is critical to our business strategy and a top priority for McDonald’s. Our team is working on groundbreaking solutions that will redefine our ways of working at McDonald’s to move from incremental thinking to breakthrough innovation. To help us do this, the Innovation team is looking for a skilled Project Manager to play a meaningful role in bringing our innovation solutions and tomorrow’s vision to life.
In this high impact role, you will be responsible for the project management of one or more key work streams from development through deployment, ultimately ensuring that the McDonald’s vision comes to life. Our solutions require a level of technology integration and multi-functional collaboration exceeding our most complex initiatives to date. The role is ideal for an ambitious business-oriented project management professional who has an aptitude for leading teams in a complex fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Business, Finance or Engineering is required.
- 7+ years professional work experience
- 4+ years project management experience leading complex cross-functional initiatives
- PMP certification
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Agile and Project Management process and tools; Agile certification is a plus
- 3+ years experience leading mobile, web, hardware/ equipment, and/or IT based projects
- Influential with a demonstrated ability to establish rapport, orchestrate and motivate teams, lead without formal (line) authority
- Adapts to changes in priorities with ease, comfortable working “in the gray” while defining the way forward.
- In-depth, demonstrated experience of thriving in a dynamic, fast changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Desire and ability to build strong, cohesive relationships at all levels of the organization- up, down, and across.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as technical acumen.
- Experience communicating effectively with mid-level to senior management
- Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise way, ensuring the organization makes rapid and informed decisions.
- Understands the need for a balance between process and agility but continues for push for better processes and discipline as we build out solutions and deploy them
- Hardworking facilitator who consistently leads conflict and issue resolution.
- Ambitious leader who actively works to remove barriers to achieving results.
- Experience working with global teams preferred.
- Experience in QSR space a strong plus
- McDonald's business experience / restaurant experience.
- Mobile or digital experience.
- Knowledge of McDonald's POS, cashless, back office, and other restaurant technologies
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Knowledge of MS Project or PPM tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- The IT PM will drive the overall direction and vision of the projects and gaining alignment across internal and external partners
- You will orchestrate high performing teams made up of engineering managers, product managers, operations managers and vendor project managers, ensuring key priorities are moved forward with speed and on schedule.
- Project manage scope definition, road maps, integrated project timeline, roles and responsibilities, program status, governance, alignment, risk mitigation, issue resolution, and communications.
- Driving effective operating cadence to move project at pace, flagging and escalating issues for resolution where needed
- Developing effective project work plans and managing delivery against them
- Partnering and managing external resources and vendors – ensuring alignment with internal teams and company standards
- You will coach team members to work effectively: prioritizing tasks, determining and managing timelines, and more
- Thinking long term solutions and anticipating potential risks and leading problem-solving sessions across cross-functional teams
- Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the partners and team members
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all partners
- Work closely with McDonald’s product owner/ workstream lead to understand priorities and implement the McDonald’s strategy.
- Understand or rapidly develop understanding of the technology (both hardware and software) and how it works together to create one solution.
- Interface and collaborate with end-to-end program managers and market deployment teams to deliver comprehensive localized solutions.
- Sets and holds teams accountable to project deliverables, quality, and performance standards.