Inside Sales Solution Advisor
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Solutions Advisor is responsible for being the subject matter expert, champion, and advocate for a specific solution or product within our overall portfolio. Their top priority is to radiate sales of a specific solution within our overall product portfolio. Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales and adoption of new technologies and solutions. Lead customer demonstrations that highlight and differentiate our solutions and value proposition. Strategically partners with Field Account Managers and serves as an overlay to help supplement their effort to drive next-generation solutions and services. The Solutions Advisor is held accountable and incented for individual achievement of specific business targets and results. The Solutions Advisor is typically assigned to a geographic territory and is responsible for establishing a strong rapport and relationship with internal field teams and both existing and potential customers. This role is 100% remote-based selling with in-field travel required
- Penetrate accounts and radiate sales of a specific product or solution within an assigned territory or geographic region. Drive awareness. Meet and exceed assigned quota. Leverage both an individual and team selling approach to the desired solution
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales plan by account or geography. Develop strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers
- Act as a trusted advisor to influence a customer’s technology platform decisions and develop preference and loyalty for Motorola Solutions. Builds trust through multiple communication methods
- Schedule and lead customer meetings and demonstrations and close. Up-sell incremental solutions, as appropriate.
- Will lead and demonstrate specific solutions at Tradeshows, Events, and Roadshows
- Develop innovative win-win solutions to address customer challenges. Uncovers viable solution options from the customer’s point of view.
- Strong understanding of key competitors within market space. Ability to predict what competitors will do in specific sales situations. Clearly articulates differentiators between our solutions and the competition. Leverages competitive successes.
- Create sales quotations for customers
- Achieve established daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly outbound call and sales performance targets
- Establish and build strong future opportunity pipeline and provide sales forecasts to management
- Establish trust and build strong business relationships with customers and assigned field teams.
- Partner with Account Managers to determine appropriate strategic sales approach. Be viewed as a strategic partner and extended team member
- Attend quarterly business reviews (QBR), participate in weekly territory calls and make in-field visits, as appropriate. Present results and forecast, as required
- Travel, as required. Approximately 25%
- Proven sales achievement in a remote selling environment a PLUS
- Experience developing collaborative relationships
- Closing skills: Winning sales campaigns after they have progressed past Needs Development; closing late stage deals; developing reasons for prospects to act; overcoming late stage deal obstacles; winning confidence and support of late stage new entrants to the sales campaign
- Experience delivering presentations
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Windows or Google based applications
- Customer focused; detail oriented
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high stress/fast-paced work environment
- Confident individual who is willing to assume responsibility
- Self-motivated with a high degree of drive and determination
- Strong individual contributor and team player
- Adaptive and flexible (changing technologies, processes, environments)
- Bachelors degree in Business/related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years fields sales or Inside Sales experience required
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.