IT Project Manager - Disaster Recovery at Morningstar
Fueling the technologies that drive our products and support our company's infrastructure, the Technology team consists of talented developers, network architects, and IT experts who help make technology one of Morningstar's core strengths. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating positive user experiences. From Agile methodologies to mobile applications, to software as a service (SaaS) delivered from the cloud, we push technology's boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
The IT Project Manager - Disaster Recovery will work directly with individuals across Morningstar to help implement the Disaster Recovery Program that meets the needs of our business globally. The ideal candidate is a technologist with robust understanding of enterprise-scale infrastructure, technologies and applications, with a passion for IT Disaster Recovery. Public cloud is and will continue to be important part of Morningstar’s IT strategy, so understanding of public cloud and infrastructure is a must. This position will report to the Global Enterprise Resilience Director and it is based in our Chicago office.
Candidates with IT Project Management, IT Disaster Recovery, IT Operations, IT Systems Engineering, or similar experience are preferred.
• Risk Management - identify and document areas of risk related to IT Disaster Recovery.
• Disaster Recovery SME - act as the SME that can provide best practices, guidance and recommendations for remediation of identified DR risks. Support development of DR capabilities for new product and services in the on-premise environments as well as in public cloud, particularly AWS.
• Communication - an influencer and a communicator. Act as a primary interface between technical and business teams throughout the entire Disaster Recovery Management process
• Documentation - work with business units and product teams to assist in completing Disaster Recovery Plans and other associated documentation
• Governance - update and maintain disaster recovery standards, templates, documents, and policies
• Exercises - assist with management, execution, and documentation of disaster recovery exercises
• Compliance - Work with the IT Compliance team to respond to client RFQs and audit requests
• Training and Awareness – create and maintain training and awareness programs, presentations, and materials
• Administration - Assist in management and maintenance of the enterprise resilience software
• A bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in IT Disaster Recovery, IT Project Management, Engineering, Operations, Architecture, or similar field.
• Strong understating of enterprise-scale infrastructure, technologies, and applications, both on-premise and in the public cloud
• Working knowledge of public cloud, specifically AWS
• Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills
• Ability to deliver results while working with remote, virtual, and cross-functional teams without direct authority
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Proven ability to prioritize multiple, complex tasks, and with multiple directives
• Understanding of disaster recovery tools, standards, and best practices
• Ability to periodically work outside of regular business hours to support Disaster Recovery testing and other related activities