Jira / Confluence Administrator
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems.
Integral to our Technology Operations team, the Jira/Confluence Administrator will help with an evolving landscape of critical platforms such as Jira Service Desk, Jira Software and Confluence. Our company is growing fast, and these platforms are quickly becoming critical to our day-to-day operations.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Jira/Confluence Administrator at VillageMD?
- Implement high availability solution by upgrading Jira and Confluence platforms from Server version to Data Center version, this includes setting up load balancer and configuring firewall and network security features that meets requirements of our Security office.
- Develop and offer high quality, intuitive and customer friendly training courses to VillageMD community to increase effectiveness of these platforms across corporate landscape.
What will make you successful here?
- Ability to communicate at all levels including sending enterprise wide announcements, providing executive reporting and summaries and leveraging several communication tools such as MS Teams, Emails and Presentations.
- Leveraging Kanban methodology in managing day to day tasks and ability to breakup large objectives in smaller achievable chunks to make incremental progress
What you might do in your first year:
- Help with integrating several group/teams not utilizing Jira and Confluence by closely working with them, understanding their needs and configuring screens, forms, workflows, permissions, notifications, templates, spaces, and projects and other relevant items to help them adopt these platforms.
- Own the task of sustaining system discipline by ensuring all platform configurations maintain certain level of sanctity and overall system noise and set up confusion is kept to minimum.
- Configure and support multiple service desks for non-technology groups such as Legal, Talent and Contract Management.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 4+ years of experience in the development and administration of Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
- Big Plus if managed large enterprise scale instances of Jira/Confluence (2000+ users)
- Knowledge of Single Sign-On protocols such as SAML 2.0 and tools (i.e. OneLogin or Okta)
- Experience in leveraging custom scripts and REST APIs for advanced workflow integration
- Atlassian certifications is a Big Plus, especially in following:
- ACP-100 Jira Administrator
- ACP-200 Confluence Administrator
- ACP-400 Jira Service Desk Administration
- ACP-500 Atlassian System Administrator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems, Engineering or related field
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.