Knowledge Management Strategist
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
Knowledge Management Strategist
You can think of the Braintree Docs team as a collection of teachers, artists, bakers, gardeners, and tinkerers: the details are part of a bigger picture, and we attend to each with the other in mind. We come from a variety of backgrounds and areas of expertise, and we’re better because of it.
What we're looking for
Braintree’s product documentation is written by contributors from around the company, and we’re looking for someone who can help manage those contributions and make the content as effective as possible. We think you’ll be most successful in this role on our team if you’re:
- Skilled in written communication
- Adept at technical learning
- Patient when working with many types of people and processes
Experience managing content created by contributors is a huge bonus, but it’s not required. The qualities we’re looking for are transferable and can be developed in a number of ways across a variety of fields. We’d love to hear how you think your experience translates into our environment!
A typical day might include...
- Helping product teams scope and plan documentation projects, including helping them identify what needs to get done in what order and where their content should live
- Reviewing proposed content for our developer docs and support articles in GitHub to ensure it communicates what the contributor intends and aligns with our overall content strategy
- Coaching contributors on how to effectively use Markdown with custom templating
- Auditing content across multiple docs domains
- Providing input on tooling and technical work that impacts docs users
- Tracking requests and priorities in Jira
- Maintaining internal documentation related to content strategy and team operations in Confluence
- Participating in team meetings and one-on-ones to share context and stay aligned
General team expectations
We describe ourselves to other internal teams as a group of experience-driven knowledge management strategists. We facilitate the end-to-end flow of knowledge, supporting internal teams as well as business owners and developers. We aspire to foster an inclusive knowledge-sharing community that delivers the right information to the right people at the right time. We’re doing that by reducing friction for our contributors, distributing ownership of knowledge-sharing across the organization, and using quantitative and qualitative data to better understand our users’ needs. In order to do this effectively, we have a core set of skills we’re committed to developing:
Communication and collaboration
- Comprehend and clearly convey complex concepts to multiple audiences in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Participate in and drive group decision-making across geographically-distributed teams
- Organize your work to promote operational continuity, ensuring teammates and other contributors have the context necessary to pick up where you left off
- Share knowledge and experience which furthers the development of an inclusive knowledge-sharing community
- Promote an environment where we all can explore and pursue opportunities for growth and development as individuals, as a team, and as a company
Tools and expertise
- Develop a thorough understanding of Braintree products and features and the associated technical and business needs of your audiences
- Quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, processes, and concepts
- Assess requests coming from multiple channels and set clear expectations with requesters on the prioritization of associated work
- Contribute to developing content strategies in product documentation plans
- Provide context and resources necessary for teammates and stakeholders to efficiently support and execute on projects
- Align content messaging across teams to ensure a consistent end-to-end experience
- Understand the function of internal teams and identify subject matter experts
- Build rapport and credibility with stakeholders and leaders across the organization
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!