Lead Program Manager, Infrastructure at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Program Management Office
At Gemini, Program Managers (PgMs) leverage a process-driven approach to actualize Leadership’s business objectives, applying their resourcefulness and ability to tackle complex projects to the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset industry. As experts in cross-functional collaboration, they set up our cross-functional teams for success by building scalable programs that support Gemini’s technical vision.
The Role: Lead Program Manager - Infrastructure
At Gemini, PgMs are critical to the successful development, launch, and maintenance of products and capabilities. Our PgMs also play a crucial role in designing and managing scalable internal processes to support our rapid growth and expansion of market offerings.
A Gemini PgM is an expert at cross-functional collaboration and leading complex programs. In this role, you'll use your full tool kit of portfolio, project, and process management skills to support your partners across the organization. You'll also have the opportunity to flex between the tactical and the strategic, experience a wide variety of applications, and make a major impact on Gemini's exciting future.
This role reports directly to the PMO Director.
- Actively manage an expansive project portfolio and prioritization process for new and existing infrastructure products and services
- Closely collaborate with Security, Engineering, and Business teams on product and service strategy and with the PMO Director on program implementation
- Develop detailed project plans to manage team tasks and track progress for individual initiatives
- Create and maintain comprehensive project and process documentation
- Establish regular reporting for senior management on the status, risk, and progress of programs and key initiatives
- Active stakeholder management for key initiatives engaging at all levels of the business
- Identify and communicate inter-dependencies and cross-department business impacts of project progress, decisions, and risks
- Lead sprint planning and retrospective meetings to ensure successful execution of projects and tasks with the development team
- Partner with technology teams to instill Agile development methodologies into their workflows, including Kanban or Scrum, and helping with daily stand-ups, and teaching best practices
- 5+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or Cloud Infrastructure Engineer or working as a Program Manager interfacing with Infrastructure Engineers on a daily basis
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Clear demonstration of leadership and entrepreneurship
- Experience with Agile methodology and/or sprint management
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
- Proficient in SDLC, DevOps processes, distributed systems architecture
- Ability to build strong working relationships, especially with engineering and product management teams
- Solid organizational skills and uncompromising attention to detail
- Experience leading progressively complex, cross-functional projects involving both business & technical domains
- Ability to coach others and be coached
- Flexible thinker, able to learn new approaches and apply them in unanticipated ways
- JIRA/Confluence expertise and familiarity with Asana
- Certified Scrum Master, or similar qualification
- Investment banking, fintech or crypto experience
- Ability to interpret functional and technical knowledge powering the crypto industry
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.