Lead Project Manager (remote) at ThoughtWorks
Do you gravitate towards opportunities to add organization and structure when others shy away? Do you excel at bringing a sense of clarity to ambiguous situations?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
For every successful team, there’s a Project Manager: the organizational and operational whiz who ensures that everyone has what they need to deliver on time. Project Managers are able to simultaneously work backwards and forwards, creating release plans, building delivery roadmaps and establishing the inclusive dynamics that a team needs to succeed. In addition to impacting ThoughtWorkers, Project Managers also extend their collaborative mindset to the client, making sure that T’s are crossed and I’s are dotted to keep the road to delivery clear.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will coordinate all project workstreams and encourage all team members to participate in decision making
- You will support and inspire incredibly talented delivery teams while discussing problems, risks, results and progress of the project
- You will create and oversee release plans for iterative and incremental delivery of value and be accountable for iteration planning, tracking, reporting, delivery scope, prioritization, estimates, risks, and financials for the client engagement
- You will bring innovative and fresh ideas to project management, pushing the boundaries of how project managers can deliver exceptional business value
- Orchestrate the design and building of critical and complex custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications that use a wide range of the very latest technologies
- Establish a delivery roadmap and plans that support the client's business strategies and objectives
- Facilitate a group of intelligent, talented, and opinionated professionals who work together as a team and ensure a healthy project environment for people, boosting team performance
- Establish an effective relationship with the client, including mediating disagreements in order to maintain the health and productivity for everyone involved
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you are passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Ensure that the ThoughtWorks team delivers what the customer is expecting and be a coach and provide feedback, directing the development of each team member
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have ample experience managing enterprise projects with end-to-end responsibility of project delivery
- You’re comfortable with release planning, estimation, capacity planning, proposal building, contract negotiation and managing project financials
- An understanding of various software development approaches (traditional, agile and etc) and have the ability to consult clients on the best approaches applicable to their scenarios
- You like the idea of a flat hierarchy and enjoy facilitating and organizing sessions to promote collaboration
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can adapt your role in order to approach challenges from multiple perspectives. You don’t shy away from risks, instead you take them on and skillfully manage them
- You are seen as a coach and mentor, taking the time to motivate others and influence teammates to take positive action and accountability for their work
- You’re a natural leader with a track record of encouraging teammates in their professional development and relationships
- Cultivating strong partnerships comes naturally to you: you understand the importance of relationship building and how it can bring new opportunities to our business
- Bonus points if you’ve project managed distributed or co-located teams
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.