Learning & Development Program Manager at Echo Global Logistics
At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
The L&D Program Manager, in collaboration with the Director of Talent & Development, is responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of Global Sales Training programs. The primary responsibility is to develop and implement effective learning experiences, leveraging technology and instructional design concepts to deliver measurable results. The role is also responsible for supporting the administration and coordination of learning activities. The role is a combination of problem solving, designing, and delivery of learning programs and administrative enhancements to internal clients.
- Partners with the Director of Talent & Development, HRBP’s and/or other Global Stakeholders to identify needs and develop and implement training solutions
- Creates design documents outlining course objectives, content, assessment, and evaluation criteria
- Develops and maintains instructional materials and content for training programs using effective instructional design methodologies and technologies
- Develops assessments and metrics to gauge employee performance and program outcomes; transforms data into meaningful and engaging executive style summaries/presentations
- Creates, maintains and communicates project/training plans to ensure timely delivery of training materials and programs
- Organizes and assists in developing learning manuals, pre-work and course evaluation procedures (inclusive of multimedia visual aids and other educational materials)
- Uploads new courses and curates content for the Learning Management System (LMS), as appropriate throughout the year
- Stays current on the latest training and development methods and technologies
- Moderates and facilitates learning workshops
- Develops marketing material and communications in conjunction with other team members to promote relevant courses or learning opportunities in a timely manner
- Assists in the management of external vendor relationships
- 2-4 years’ of learning & development experience (preferably in an instructional design)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Organizational Behavior, Learning, Instructional Design and/or Human Resources)
- Experience with a Learning Management System (e.g. Workday Learning)
- Prior experience with eLearning software (e.g. Articulate or Captivate), video editing, web design/layout, and/or SharePoint
- Knowledge of adult learning theory
- Experience supporting learning or talent management programs
- Knowledge of learning & development best practices and technologies, including instructional design concepts
- Public speaking skills – comfortable moderating discussions either in-person or via web conference
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple competing deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint): creating, formatting and editing presentations and other documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaboration and partnership skills with team and HR colleagues to best serve the business
- Ability to effectively collect, analyze, evaluate and prepare learning statistical data
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.