About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national chains of retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 89 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,100 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As the LMS Administrator at GTI, you will be responsible for the implementation of a new global learning management system, including ongoing maintenance, reporting, governance, user experience, and technical support. The LMS Administrator will collaborate with the People Team and Retail Leadership to assign and track the completion of employees’ required training as well as to create learning paths for their career development. You will assist with content development and implement and promote a robust webinar program to support the continuing education of Rise/GTI’s stakeholders. Priorities for this role include understanding DialogueTech Edu, shadowing key roles in the company to create content, focusing on the urgent training's necessary for the success of the retail team, and working with managers to collect all existing information we can use in the LMS. Most importantly, you MUST bring positivity and energy. You enjoy the thrill of non-stop action of a growing start up.
- Quarterback the implementation of a new Learning Management System (LMS) and the day to day management, support and training for end users once implemented.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on all content development.
- Review modules and offer constructive feedback to instructional designers collaborating to assist in content development.
- Create feedback tools and quizzes to assess user’s knowledge and takeaways from each module.
- Collaborate with the design team to brand and beautify the content.
- Act as a collaborative liaison between each department in publishing e-learning and establish best practices and standard operating procedures for program creation.
- Operationally own LMS functions that support business operations, workplace processes, compliance and company culture.
- Shadow various roles in company, including in the retail environment, to gather knowledge and create trainings based on findings.
- Actively participate in process development and improvement projects.
- Assist in designing and executing communication plan to raise awareness of course introductions, improvements, availability, etc.
- Collaborate with the HR Business Partners on training needs and opportunities for the expansion of talent development within the organization.
- Oversee, coordinate, monitor and evaluate day-to-day progress towards training objectives, and timely project completion.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process and quality improvements, as well as provide feedback on real-world usage, defects, and suggested enhancements.
- Conduct ongoing surveys to assess needs and continued learning opportunities across each division and function. Create ongoing spreadsheets of important trainings to implement in the next 6 months, 1 year, 2 yrs +
- Work closely with IT to integrate into ShareJoint, troubleshoot, update, monitor system performance and resolve issues.
- Create instruction manuals and training materials on how to use system from user-experience, how to pull reports and monitor for administrators.
- Create ongoing learning categories and learning calendar that best fit the business strategy.
- Design and manage reporting based on the needs of the business and assist with data analysis, including, but not limited to course completion and popularity, as well as course/survey feedback.
- Bachelor's degree required + minimum of 2 years of experience working with LMS (uploading, testing, and supporting content in multiple formats).
- Excellent organizational, project management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience developing/testing e-learning for high-volume staffing, with preference given to candidates with experience in specialty retail.
- Detail-oriented, organized and an ability to prioritize and manage workflow.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Flexibility to deal with last minute changes, the ability to remain calm under pressure, comfortable working with minimal direction; sense of humor a plus.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description