Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The Freelancer & Agency Success team works to ensure that the world’s best talent can launch and grow successful businesses on Upwork. We work closely with Product, Operations, Marketing, and Data Science teams to attract, grow and retain top talent on the platform, and improve the talent journey. As Program Manager, you will lead talent designation programs across the freelancer lifecycle, including our flagship Rising Talent and Top Rated programs, which help top talent get started and grow their earnings. You’ll play a key role in defining that lifecycle, from acquisition to long-term retention. You’ll also partner with our Talent teams to augment the in-product experience with high-touch services to help talent succeed.
- Lead the Rising Talent and Top Rated programs; become the authority on their metrics, and constantly find opportunities for improvements and implement them
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data through research and Data Science to segment and prioritize the talent population
- Develop program vision and design, including qualification criteria and rewarding perks, and marketing strategy
- Work closely with Premium Services team to assess talent, and to develop and execute innovative high-touch services to help talent succeed
- Lead program launches and campaigns, working with Operations and local community engagement teams to support rollout
- Partner with Product to improve the user experience and deploy programs in-product
- Partner with Marketing to run program communications and improve merchandising and promotion of top talent
What it takes to catch our eye:
- You’re a strong leader with a track record of leading projects end-to-end -- establishing goals, developing project plans, influencing others to act and holding them accountable for results
- You have excellent analytical skills, including advanced Excel skills, with the ability to generate insights and action plans from data; SQL proficiency is a strong plus
- You have at least 3 years of experience in large-scale Customer Success/Segmentation, Marketing Strategy, Program/Project Management, or Management Consulting
What it takes to knock our socks off:
- You find opportunities to impact metrics, evaluate and prioritize approaches, and take ideas from concept to execution
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details that others may miss
- You can track multiple work-streams and lead a program with many moving parts
- You have a sense of urgency, initiative, and persistence
- You love variety, you're excited by change, and you enjoy experimentation
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.