Manager, Healthcare Technology Enablement at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
Technology Enablement Managers at VillageMD own our end users’ success in leveraging technology to drive outcomes. They collaborate across multiple teams to marry technology with opportunities to improve processes, manage the delivery of technology across multiple projects, and ensure ongoing success by continuing to identify areas for optimization. Technology Enablement Managers in Village Medical focus on enabling an outstanding primary care digital experience using optimized and proprietary technology.
What are examples of work that Technology Enablement Managers have done at VillageMD?
- Implemented VillageMD proprietary primary care centered technologies across multiple setting, geographies and in support of 100% of a PCP’s patient panel
- Partnered with engineers, EMR companies and practices to build and implement a first-of-its kind series of data pipelines that pass clinical, administration and financial to our common data model for 45+ EMR’s.
- Configured virtualized, secure environments that allow enable big data analytics that scale and have positive impact for more than 2500 PCP’s in seven states.
- Created interactive, immersive tools to help empower end users to engage patients in new and different ways leveraging data and features of our technology platform
What will make you successful here?
- A passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- A bias for action and an understanding of how implement process to gain speed while appropriately mitigating project risk
- Strong analytical and technical skills/aptitude
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, and collaborate always.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- Excellent ability to craft and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage stakeholders (internal and external)
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Work with providers and clinicians in optimizing their experience by identifying their needs, understanding our current ecosystem of capability and the market more broadly, and working with colleagues to deliver solutions
- Collaborate with our Security and Risk Management team to analyze existing change control processes, propose and implement enhancements to help the team scale from local management to a national management structure including creating tools to track and manage the process
- Lead projects with our internal engineering team or 3rd party partners to implement new features that meet business requirements
- Learn a ton, have a bunch of fun, and work with some really mission-oriented, motivated people
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2+ years of full-time experience leading projects in the healthcare field oriented toward technology
- Preferred experience with data including SQL skills and healthcare data exchange (HL7, FHIR, CCDAs, etc)
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple dependencies and stakeholders
- Hands on experience with SDLC, working with both business and technical project teams
- BS/MS in healthcare, technology, or business-related fields
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.