Manager of Identity and Access Management
As the Manager of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) Security Engineering team, you will lead a team of engineers tasked with delivering critical I&AM Security capabilities for TransUnion. This full stack engineering team is accountable for design, implementation, and operation of all technologies that deliver a variety of IAM security services, including IAM Program, Identity Governance, Identity Management, Access Management and Monitoring. Under your leadership, the team will build and deliver capabilities in a number of ways based on business needs, spanning constructs such as traditional data centers, private and public Cloud environments, physical deployments, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). The solutions your team builds and owns operate on a global scale, helping to enable and safeguard TU’s business direction as we continue to grow and expand our industry leading offerings.
The IAM Manager will also drive strategy around identity governance and access management by proposing applicable guidelines for information technology. In addition to governance responsibilities, the IAM Manager will be accountable for the facilitation of roles based access. The IAM Manager will also develop and execute monitoring for compliance to IAM processes and provide access and authentication security expertise and strategic direction. This position is both a governance and hands-on role and will have accountability for development and maintenance of the overall program to provide access to data or systems based on “principle of least privilege”.
How you’ll contribute:
- Lead a team of engineers with full stack accountability for technologies utilized to deliver IAM Security services.
- Drive or inform technology direction based on security and customer requirements, including buy vs. build decisions.
- Manage and execute delivery against product and project roadmaps.
- Partner closely with Security Architecture to ensure alignment between security control frameworks, deployed technologies, and desired vs achieved outcomes.
- Engage proactively with key stakeholders and partners outside of Security, including IT and Application development teams, to understand technology direction and align security capabilities accordingly.
- Actively participate in strategic discussions with Information Security leaders.
- Contribute to and own components, where appropriate, of 2-3 year capability and technology roadmaps.
- Provide strong talent management, including timely and meaningful performance feedback, annual reviews, and talent assessment/succession planning exercises.
- Lead and mentor team members, including coaching junior engineers and architects.
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques and act as driver of innovation into InfoSec and IT.
- Interface with regulatory and compliance bodies, internal and external, to represent IAM Security technologies.
What you’ll bring: The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Modern engineering, full stack mindset (API-driven interaction, automation of service delivery, fully performance telemetry, etc.), with strong background of delivering and supporting a combination of vendor and open source solutions.
- Ability to straddle and deliver in traditional/legacy (Data Center, physical infrastructure) and modern/next-gen (Cloud, IaaS, DevSecOps) technology constructs simultaneously
- Strong comfort level with emerging technologies and keenness to prototype new ways to getting results on a global scale.
- Technology agnostic approach, bringing to bear what is needed to achieve the desired outcome.
- A natural curiosity; you consider yourself a forward leaning technologist at heart and have a strong hands-on engineering background.
- Strong Product and Service Delivery mindset, constantly striving to understand who your customers are and focusing designing solutions to meet their needs.
- Additional Requirements:
- 5+ years’ of Information Security / Cyber experience
- 3+ years’ of strong hands-on engineering experience in IAM space, to include Data Center and public Cloud.
- 3+ years’ with technical experience integrating identity management, access management, access governance, or privileged access management software into infrastructure and applications
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing or implementing IAM systems.
- 3+ years of designing and delivering security solutions in an environment that embraces DevOps and IaaS concepts and common technologies, with a focus on pipeline security automation (DevSecOps).
- 2+ years successfully delivering in an Agile environment, working closely with Product Owners and customers.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.