Manager, Life Sciences Client Delivery Operations
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
About the Job
The Manager, Life Sciences Client Delivery Operations oversees sequencing data management and process improvement for Tempus’ Life Sciences collaborations. This position supervises the Life Sciences Operations team and manages the day-to-day projects and resources within the team. The position supports relationships with Tempus’ Laboratory, Bioinformatics, Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams, as well as Life Sciences partner companies’ project teams.
This position requires the ability to travel nationally (up to 5%).
- Oversee accurate and timely execution of deliverables for our Life Sciences sequencing collaborations.
- Lead a team of sequencing data management and sequencing process optimization personnel, mentoring and supporting their ongoing professional development and growth.
- Act as the key point of contact for Tempus’ Life Sciences Project Management, Product, & Engineering teams to propose, prioritize, test, and implement improvements to Tempus’ Life Science data delivery and reporting applications.
- Support Life Sciences messaging with respect to Tempus data product and technology updates.
- Develop scalable solutions to enhance technical support for data management processes.
- Support development and maintenance of Life Sciences Data Operations Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Manage review and approval of new data management and process work for our Life Science partnerships.
- Assist with prioritization of Life Sciences Operations deliverables and data product / technology requests
- Provide point of escalation support to team.
- Act as Life Sciences Operations subject matter expert during audits from partners and regulatory agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7+ years of data management experience in a biotech, pharmaceutical, or Clinical Research Organization (CRO) environment handling complex clinical data sets including genomic data
- Experience in clinical oncology trials
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in a CRO environment
- Knowledge of and experience working within Good Clinical Practices, International Council for Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Pharmaceuticals for Human Use, Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) and other necessary guidelines
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to meet long- and short-term deadlines
- Familiarity with Study Data Tabulation Model/STDM
- Experience in Companion Diagnostics (CDx) market
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and experience facilitating strategic and tactical planning for excellent interaction with outside collaborators and clients
- Experience in scientific data management in all phases of project design and analysis
- Genomic data background and experience