Manager, Life Sciences Client Management Operations at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
About the Job
The Manager, Life Sciences Client Management Operations oversees sequencing and companion diagnostic projects and process improvement for Tempus’ Life Sciences collaborations. This position manages the day-to-day projects and resources within the team. The position supports relationships with Tempus’ Laboratory, Bioinformatics, Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams, as well as Life Sciences partner companies’ project teams.
This position requires the ability to travel nationally (up to 5%).
- Lead project manager for multiple programs across multiple customers, including:
- Go-to contact at Tempus for clients
- Manages all projects from beginning to end, including kick-off meetings, bi-weekly meetings with customers, and close-out meetings
- Lead client meetings, ensure decisions and action items are clearly documented and tracked to completion
- Drive escalation and resolution of critical project related issues
- Report out metrics to clients on a bi-weekly basis
- Coordinate, in partnership with the internal sequencing operations lead, to ensure samples are moving appropriately through the lab and flagging samples at risk as appropriate
- Monitor project health through the effective use of project dashboards and management tools
- Coordinate with Product Teams on project specific asks and customizations
- Develop project plans and schedules for product development that document project goals and objectives, scope, schedule, budget, risk management plan, and project team resource requirements.
- Ensure internal team member roles and responsibilities are clearly defined to achieve desired results
- Keep internal stakeholders engaged and informed of progress and potential risks
- Manage all international components of client operations, including helping Tempus to build out its international knowledge database
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7+ years of project management experience in a biotech, pharmaceutical, consulting, or Clinical Research Organization (CRO) environment
- Experience in clinical oncology trials is a plus
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to meet long- and short-term deadlines
- Strong presentation skills
- Master’s Degree
- Strong cross-functional collaboration
- Experience facilitating strategic and tactical planning with outside collaborators and clients
- Knowledge of and experience working within Good Clinical Practices, International Council for Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Pharmaceuticals for Human Use, Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) and other necessary guidelines
- Experience in Companion Diagnostics (CDx) market
- Experience in scientific data management in all phases of project design and analysis
- Genomic data background and experience